Mounting onboard charger

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBrooke

Reaction score
Did a quick search and couldn't find anything so.....
Okay so according to Minn Kota, the unit is waterproof. But in the manual it says to mount in the bulkhead away from rain and spray. Problem right now is.... I don't have anywhere to do that! Yes I can build another storage box, but that will take even more space away from the back of the boat.
My boat is technically a bass boat, but it does not have the whole rear storage compartment set up like your guys boats. Right now it is mounted to the gunwale out of my way.
Only thing I can think of right now is to get a plastic storage container just big enough to cover it, mount the lid behind the charger and snap the container over the top of it. But I feel this will make it look really "redneck". (It's okay people, I know I'm a redneck)

Heck no, my truck sits outside, she sits in the barn :mrgreen: Wondering about hunting season though since it's usually overcast/snowing/raining when the ducks are flying.

I've never mounted mine. I keep it in the garage, and hook it up when needed. I don't travel to other places where I would need it mounted in the boat for convenience, so fewer holes drilled in the boat. :wink:

I've got 3... 2 are mounted in compartments out of the weather... but the one on the rear batteries that I take in and out of the boat is just sitting back there with the batteries. It gets rained on and it was covered in snow for atleast 5 days last month. It's now 2 years old and is still putting out the same 13.3v just like it did when I got it.

Latest posts