Muggy Weld vs Dura Fix

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Usmctanker said:
i know by posting in this thread i am jumping into a dog fight but if you are confident in your product then lets conduct an experiment. i would like to patch a few small holes in my boat but i do not have the ability to tig weld. if you would like to donate 1 or 2 of your products i would be glad to test them as someone who is a novice welder at best, and i will write a nonbiased article about them. i bwlievw that is called putting your money where your mouth is. :D

Actually, I'd be happy to post 20 or 30 professional repair shops that use our products, with their contact information, and you can contact them and ask all the questions you like. I know our rods work, our customers know our rods work, people on this board don't know if our rods work or not because they've never used them.

I came here to state that no, our products are not the same chemical composition as Dura Fix. Go buy Dura Fix if you like, I'm not here to try to sell my products. I'm here to educate. Muggy Weld and Dura Fix are not the same, they're not even close to the same. You can buy or try either or none, it doesn't change the fact that Dura Fix and Muggy Weld are not the same.

If you'd really like to put your money where your opinions are, I'd love to hire an independent lab to test all the aluminum rods on the market. If Muggy Weld is indeed the same composition as any other rod, we'll pay for the testing. If it's not, you pay for the testing. That's the only way the testing is truly unbias.

Maybe give acouple sticks away to some people here that need them?
Sounds like your doing okay?
You donate product,they pay shipping?
Might be good advertizing,hopefully they/he would give a fair unbaised review.
I beleive most people are honest.
I don't need any,sounds like tanker does and I don't know anyone here in person.
Maybe even a contest,contact an admin,donate as prize?

Maybe hire a known welding shop picked by the members of this forum. That shop can test them and tell us how well they work. Figure a welding shop would be the best for testing a welding Rod.....

I was wondering if anyone hade tried fiberglassing a hole in there tinboat. They use it in cars will it work on a Jon?

perchin said:
Maybe hire a known welding shop picked by the members of this forum. That shop can test them and tell us how well they work. Figure a welding shop would be the best for testing a welding Rod.....

Actually, there are plenty of unbiases articles out there about our product. Lamborghini did an article not too long ago and asked me to demonstrate at their next convention (which I did), Low Rider magazine just ordered last month to write an article about our rods. We've been around a long, long time.

We're in the process of rebuilding our website, and one of the interesting things we found in all this was a video clip of Steve from Alternative Automotive doing his first ever aluminum boat repair--on the same boat you see in the video clip shown here. Mike walks Steve through the entire process, and you can hear the back and forth from Mike & Steve, with Steve asking questions anyone would ask while attempting their first aluminum repair. At the time we shot this video, the internet wasn't quite the vehicle it is now.... the video is like 8 minutes long so we never put it on our site because technology hadn't really caught up with our video--it would have taken 20 minutes to load a clip of that size. So now, as we're rebuilding we find this clip, and it's a wonderful tool honestly for any new welder because this is 100% Mike out in the field teaching a shop one on one how to use our rods... we will be adding this clip to the new site October 23.

The reason we chose the clip you have posted on this thread this was because I *had* screwed the weld up by not heating the base metal enough. It balled up. We wanted to show that even as an amateur welder you can use this rod and even if you screw it up you can recover from it. Not everyone is a master welder, I'm certainly not. But I can weld aluminum boats. And heater cores. And all sorts of things I would have not guessed I could repair. And I've taught many people how to make the same repairs, before the internet came along we used to do demonstrations at NARSA shows and allow people to practice welding themselves (a liability nightmare nowadays).

It's not in my best interest to manipulate the truth to sell welding rods, because ultimately I'm here for the long haul. Our business survives because of our reorder customers... and yes, we do give back... we donate to schools and organizations every year. It wasn't my intention to argue the merit of Muggy Weld products, I simply wanted to say they are not the same as DuraFix.

I'm guessing Lamborghini is unbias:

https://www.northwestlambos.com/Newsletter%20Images/Northwest%20Lambos%20Newsletter%20Summer%20I%202006.pdf

https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f42/my-ruined-weekend-3340/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts