Muzzleloaders

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Been looking at a TC Encore. I like the versatility of being able to change barrels. Alli know is that having one buys me an extra 2 weeks of deer hunting. I want to make the right purchase because this one will last forever.

Is there anything I should look for in a muzzleloader?

I have two CVA Kodiaks which I like a lot. The first 2 years, maybe 3 years, that I had them they both shot within 2 inch groups at 100 yards. I have shot a lot of rounds through them, but now the groups are not so tight. I can still hit a small paper plate at 100 yards. I may try changing the breech plugs this summer. I've taken 3 does at 75 yards and a 10 pt at 20 yards.

I have 2 encores and 2 contenders, but none are muzzleloaders. They all shoot nicely. TC has pretty good customer service, too. I had a 30 year old 44 Mag pistol barrel that I stripped the scope mount holes. They sent me a brand new barrel within 6 weeks. Also, one of my contender frames was not working properly and they fixed it for free.

Good luck deciding.

Z-Man said:
I have two CVA Kodiaks which I like a lot. The first 2 years, maybe 3 years, that I had them they both shot within 2 inch groups at 100 yards. I have shot a lot of rounds through them, but now the groups are not so tight. I can still hit a small paper plate at 100 yards. I may try changing the breech plugs this summer. I've taken 3 does at 75 yards and a 10 pt at 20 yards.

I have 2 encores and 2 contenders, but none are muzzleloaders. They all shoot nicely. TC has pretty good customer service, too. I had a 30 year old 44 Mag pistol barrel that I stripped the scope mount holes. They sent me a brand new barrel within 6 weeks. Also, one of my contender frames was not working properly and they fixed it for free.

Good luck deciding.

Customer service goes along way...I might jsut get the TC encore.

Jim said:
Z-Man said:

Good luck deciding.

Customer service goes along way...I might jsut get the TC encore.

Jim I have 2 T/C Muzzleloaders. A 50 Cal. White Mountain & a 50Cal Black Diamond. I use the Black Daimond for all of my gun hunting during the season. Their both excellent guns. I have not shot the Encore but I hear nothing but good things about it.

I highly recommend a T/C Muzzleloader. I've used them for the past 10 years.

The only muzzleloaders I have used are flintlocks, and most of them have been T/C. I personally have a T/C Firestorm in synthetic and stainless. I love this gun. It shoots great, black powder or pellets, and clean up is very easy with a breach plug. I have also used my g-pops T/C hawkins and carbine. I have no experience with inline muzzloaders, but the T/C with the interchangeable barrels looks very nice. I wonder if you can turn it into a nice single shot slug gun?

I have only had good experiences with T/C guns. My Dad and I have been eyeing the encore pistol or contender, or whatever its called, for years.

I have a cva eclipse hunter inline w/scope that I bought yearrrrrrrrrrrrs ago. It's been a good one. Now days the oncore, Knight and a few others are alot easier to clean because of the way they break down (quicker). I use loose powder but when I run out I'll probably go to pellets.

I shot a doe with mine the first time I took it out. I've been in Texas now for about 8 years and finally hunted some public land where I could use it and shot an 8 point the first time to hunt that piece of land and first time to use it in Texas after 8 years of it sitting. I pretty much bow hunt only now

https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp;jsessionid=T04IB24KRPPHDLAQBBISCNNMCAEFEIWE?id=0061266&type=pod&cmCat=email&cm_cat=3609&cm_ven=email-bc&cm_pla=HA-0100&cm_ite=pod0061266&eid=473398&cmp=I080816A&seg=FI1&cnt=3609&ctb=pod0061266&_requestid=19621

on Sale $100 off

What are you looking for? (shotgun)

At one time, they were making m/l barrels to swap onto standard shotgun actions.

Hey Jim,
I know you probably have your heart set on an encore and understandably why but i have a cva wolf and so does my dad. It is a great little gun for $140. wont break the bank very true buy a nice little csope for it and you are set. it has got break action and all that. shot a deer at 80-90 yard open sights! I will tell you to get the T/C SHockwave bullets thare the best in this gun 250 grain bullet and 2 50grrain 777 pellets and you are set!

PA120793.jpg

I thought a picture might help you make up your mind. I've had this for 5 seasons now, it's been good to me. I take it you're looking for a rifled barrel for a shotgun you have already, how about just getting a rifled slug and a muzzleloader barrel for the encore?
Hunting season is got to be starting up soon for you.

i got a cva but i dont no wat its called lol but ive shot deer with it at 150 yards and it groups preatty good

Latest posts