My 12' Jon boat mini build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kclairmont83

Reaction score
I got my first Jon boat last year as a tip from a customer of mine. This has been the coolest little boat I have ever owned. Since I've gotten the boat I've been researching modifications and accessories. So far I have painted the boat, added lights, built a crazy casting deck. This boat had been so much fun that I bought another Jon. The new one is a 14' boat. I haven't started the build yet in the new one tho. I decided to give the 12' to my wife and 4yo daughter. She chose the "grass" for the floor and casting deck. I used 3/4 marine ply and long grass AstroTurf. She is planning on a full length canopy and small railing all the way around the boat. The wife's boat will be her primary pleasure boat. My son and I will be modding the new 14' for our bass boat. With casting deck (I'll use normal grey outdoor carpet) trolling motor, seating and electronics. Right now all I have is an evinrude 15hp. So another outboard will be needed sooner than later. That's my story. I hope you enjoy the before and after pics. The dog in the picture is bocephus. He's my boating buddy. Enjoy and thanks for the add to the group.

Attachments

• IMG_2463.JPG
    IMG_2463.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 1,220
  • IMG_3024.JPG
    IMG_3024.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,220
  • IMG_2423.JPG
    IMG_2423.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,220
  • IMG_2511.JPG
    IMG_2511.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,220
Kclairmont83 said:
She chose the "grass" for the floor and casting deck. I used 3/4 marine ply and long grass AstroTurf. Right now all I have is an evinrude 15hp. So another outboard will be needed sooner than later. The dog in the picture is bocephus. He's my boating buddy.

Love the the long grass carpet. looks comfortable haha.

let me know if you want to part with that evinrude. im running a 7.5 Johnson that i wouldn't mind upgrading.

Welcome aboard, Kclairmont83.

His and her boats, I like that idea. :)

Nice to see someone close to home.
Both of my kids were born at Central Dupage many years ago.

Enjoy the new project and keep the pics coming.

Jasper