My 14ft 1960 Brewster mod!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoatingCop

Reaction score
Hey everyone! This is my first tin build. I warn you I'm not a very good carpenter! I was able to find a tin for FREE! My father in-law had this 1960 model 14' Brewster just lying around so he said I could have it. I picked up a trailer for $50 and a 1985 9.9 Johnson. Right now I'm adding to floor panels and a piece of wood over the rear bench where my switch box will go for the bilge pump, lights, and acc. switches. I'm also trying to figure out what the best plan of action would be for anchoring the wood to the rear bench seat. Any suggestions for my whole project are VERY encouraged!! Thanks for looking and please tell me what you think!

Picture001-3.jpg

The 2x4s I layed down to support the plywood
Picture002-3.jpg

Another of the 2x4s
Picture003-3.jpg

The bilge pump base being glassed in
Picture004-3.jpg

On of the floor panels drying after being coted with resin
Picture005-3.jpg

Another floor panel and the bench seat top drying after being cated as well
Picture006-1.jpg

Nice boat.
How thick is your plywood?
Looks like your certainly making it sturdy enough.
Have fun.

The plywood is a little thicker than 1/2" but not as thick as 3/4". I don't remember the exact thickness.

I have a question. I bought the do-it yourself bedliner stuff that you roll on to put on the floors and seat top. I kinda got discouraged though after reading a post on here where someone did that and it started to peel off during the first outing. Does anyone else have experiance with this stuff on plywood? I was trying to stay away from carpet for upkeep and maintance purposes. Thanks in advance!

Eric

I'm sorry I can't help with the bedliner...I've never used it. I will say that I can't recall anyone saying they were too thrilled with how it turned out.

Outdoor carpet is pretty maintenance free. My boat stays outside (under a cover) and the carpet is no worse for the wear after 6 years.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Latest posts