My Dale Hollow Report

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
Well, Here's my report from our awesome get together. I arrived at the resort late thursday night, after going to the wrong resort first :roll: . Started out fishing friday morning. Got up and around at about 9-10 o'clock or so. Drove down to figure out where to put my boat trailer and get the boat in the water and ran into Denny fishing from shore, so I told him he could jump in with me. After our ordeal at the ramp(see Denny's post...lol) we finally got on the boat. We got out, first point we hit I get a nice spotted bass about 13-14 inches(see Denny's pic again). I thought, Great, We're gonna get on some fish....boy was I wrong....I got a few more solid hits, but no connects. After a couple hours, the wind, rain, and cold was too much so we headed in for the evening.

After the usual evening BS session at Jims and the lodge, we all finally called it a night and hit the hay. Saturday, I slept a little later than what I had planned....didn't get out of the cabin til about noon...haha. Waited around abit for a few of them to get back in from their morning fishing and chatted abit. Then a little later in the afternoon we all hit it again. Rich(aka Remo) jumped in the boat with me and we headed to a new spot, and again...almost immediately got this little guy in the boat...

IMG_0308.jpg

I thought again, Awesome...maybe we can get a few....and again, nothing from that spot...lol. So we moved to a new spot on up the river and Rich got this nice LM(or maybe it was spot? can't remember)...the biggest fish(16 inches) in my boat for the trip...

IMG_0309.jpg

It was starting to get dark and we got to fish the point where I had gotten that spot the day before, unfortunetly someone was already on the point, so we tried a deep cove across the lake from there, It was getting close to dark, colder, and I didn't feel like putting the lights on the boat, so we called it..."Last Cast", Rich and I both casted out, I was fishing a spook, and he was casting an inline mepps spinner....wasn't paying much attention and I heard "kersplash"...look around and my spook is gone, I set the hook and pull this guy into the boat for the last fish(15 1/2inches) of the night, ON THE LAST CAST!

IMG_0310.jpg

I headed back out Sunday morning after everyone had checked out and went on their way, unfortunately, even though it was pretty outside...the fish didn't want to cooperate, and not to mention the wind that picked up fast and made for a COLD ride back to the ramp.

But again, Like I have already said....I can't wait for the next Tinboats Get Together, I really had an awesome time and look forward to hopefully meeting more of the great members here on the site!

One more pic of some "scenery" we had about all weekend....
1017091447a.jpg

1017091447b.jpg

Latest posts