"My Favorite Rod Rack is..."

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsuden

Reaction score
There are so many different fishing rod racks out there. When it comes to a rod rack for mounting inside your boat, which do you like best, and why, and how do you like to mount them?

Yes there is a lot of different types of rod holders. I personally like and use the flush mount 30 degree rod holders. I have them on my front and back decks port and starboard sides. Easy to install, functional and are not in the way. They also look the best IMO. Cabelas has them for $12.99 each but if you shop around you can get them cheaper I'm sure. Let us know what ya go with.

SaltyDog, thanks for that. I altered the subject of this because I meant to ask what peoples' favorite fishing rod rack is for mounting in a boat. You know the racks that let you put the rods in horizontally along the sides of the boat?

===---c-----------c------

My best shot at ASCII art of a fishing rod rack :)

Gotcha! Totally misread your question. Sorry, LOL....I like the Atwood brand horizontal rod racks. Walmart has them for like $15. They have a velcro strap that keeps them secure. I know a bunch of guys who also have them and they like them a lot.

Getting them to the lake they're in rod straps that are mounted to the benches, when I get to the lake they go in vertical holders (again, mounted to the bench) and when trolling they're in the rod holders.

Ain't a whole lot of space on a 12' boat for 6 rods. :lol:

We built a vertical rod rack that mounts in the front of the console - can hold 8-10 rods and keeps them all in one place.

You can travel with the rods in place - and if there are bats around makes a nice spot to duck behind - believe me I know :shock:

Ah....you mean for stowing your rods, not fishing them. Rod rack has a different meaning around these parts, I guess.

I replaced the OEM holders on my boat and bought one of the Rod-Saver brands with the velcro. I like it because is flexible and if you step on it or catch it with a pant leg it won't break. But it does not hold my med-lt and ultra-light rods very snuggly.

2013-03-15_17-48-47_224.jpg

2013-03-17_16-37-35_592.jpg

Where did you purchase the rod tubes in your picture? I haven't been able to find them to look at?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318532#p318532 said:
2feettexan » Yesterday, 6:56 pm[/url]"]Where did you purchase the rod tubes in your picture? I haven't been able to find them to look at?

They are OEM. I think some guys use golf club tubes.

Latest posts