My first Flatheads

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbirocz

Reaction score
Saturday night Dave and I met Mike (Mr. Fish) at one of his flathead spots on the skuke. I have tried for flatheads before with only runs and misses, but this night was different. After a summer of catchless channel cat fishing last year, I am totally turned off with catties, but I have been wanting a flathead for a while now.

The night started off slow with no bites before dark. When the sun started going down, Mike got a good run and hooked up on a 12lb flattie. Soon after Dave hooked up, then me. By the end of the night, each of us landed 3 flatheads. None were that big, but I was very happy to catch a new species. We had decent action from around 9 till 12. We misse da few fish each, but this was most likely due to smaller fish.

Dave has some more pics...but here are mine.

72608mikeflathead.jpg

72608daveflathead2.jpg

72608myfirstflathead.jpg

72608daveflathead2b.jpg

72608flathead2.jpg

Zum said:
Man,wish we had them fish here.I bet there tasty.

We do not eat those fish - but I bet they taste like PCBs with a side of mercury and a dash of pesticide

We are catching them in this river:

539591892_046cefdf20.jpg

8568125_99f7016722.jpg

149446784_31c2ef4ba6.jpg

This river runs through one of the most populated and filthy areas in the US - do not eat anything from these waters - EVER

Way to go ahab... now i know the spot !!!! i recognize the water bottle in the first picture i saw it the other day...
Wayne

Yuck,man thats terrible.Atleast the fishing seems to be okay.Probably everyone that catches fish there throws them back.
Hope your water doesn't get any worse.Nice catching.

Latest posts