My first greenies of the year

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbirocz

Reaction score
After a bunch of skunk trips and crappy cold and rainy weather, we finally got a nice day on monday and I got my first LM of the year. It was a solid 2lber and I was happy to finally get a bass :shock: its been so long. It went up to around 80 on monday and we had rain tues and wed, but it was nice again today in the upper 60's so I headed out to the same pond. The water had muddied, but the turtles were basking and swimming all over the place so I thought that was a good sign. I began pounding my favorite spot with a jig and finally got hit after more than 45 mins. I casted along the bank into push that was in the water. I thought I was caught on a branch and reeled in, realizing what I felt was a fish not a branch, so I casted right back to the same spot and got thumped. It ended up being a solid 4lber, it wasn't all that long, but man was it thick. I ended the day with a dink as well and went home happy that the fishing is finally picking up after this seemingly never ending winter #-o

Both fish were caught on either a black and/or blue jig with a black and blue trailer

First LM of the year
DSC00309.jpg

Todays fish
DSC00311.jpg

Ok 1st of all I was there and that fish was over 2 lbs
maybe 2 lbs 1 oz

Second - stay the hell away from my pond with your annoying jigs - they do not catch fish (you probably foul hook that poor bass)

AND SMILE!

Captain Ahab said:
Ok 1st of all I was there and that fish was over 2 lbs
maybe 2 lbs 1 oz

Second - stay the hell away from my pond with your annoying jigs - they do not catch fish (you probably foul hook that poor bass)

AND SMILE!

I was going to ask if they were your jigs? :LOL2: