My first jon boat builld Fisher Marine 16 ft xtra wide

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a few weeks of working on my boat. i finally got the front deck built and the outside painted. I will post pictures in the morning as it is to dark now to take them. I am going to wait untill spring to paint the inside with tan spray-on bedliner. thanks for looking

:D Here are the pictures after painting and building the front deck. I will be taking her out tomorrow after work to see how she does on the river. hope you enjoy. thanks

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49724790@N08/sets/72157632097526493/

you can see the rubber trucking mat i put between the ribs for now. that is there untill the spring when i install a complete plywood floor through-out the bottom and then paint the interior with tan truck bed liner. I will be using restore deck finish on the plywood floor and deck.

Man that's a nice big jon boat, what are you gonna do for power on that long term?

I see you have have some of your deck built. I am looking for someone to try some light weight decking i have access too. These are old airline floor boards( i have a thread going in the Boat House section) These floor boards are 7 feet long by 19.5 inches wide, They are fiberglass with a honeycomb material in the middle. Would you be willing to try these out and report back here with feedback. I can give up to 3 boards i would just ask you to pay for shipping. Each board at 7 ft long weighs 8 lbs so cutting them down to the 3-4 feet length for a front deck would probably only weigh 12-15 pounds of decking. I thought of this because i am an aviation mechanic and want to purchase a jon boat and use this material. I am just looking for someone that is currently working on a prodject to try it. I have 3 boards now and will have about 40 more in the next 2 weeks. Thanks

Gators5220 said:
Man that's a nice big jon boat, what are you gonna do for power on that long term?

I have a 15hp johnson that i will be running for now. Maybe in the not so near future, I would like to upgrade to a 25.

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
Greetings from Halifax, VA. How wide is that boat in the floor?

My boat is 48" wide across the floor and about 70" wide across the top. thanks for looking.

I took it out a few weeks ago to find I had a spun prop. I have since had it fix and plan to take her out Monday. I will post a video is possible and let you guys know how she handles with the 15hp. I could get it on plane due to the spun prop.

:x I took my boat out today and had the same issue as before when the prop was spun..........??????????????? I called the guy at the prop shop that worked on my prop. he said take it home and pull it off and look at it..........SO i did that and found that the 2 center pounch lines that he put on there when i pick it up were still exactly as he put them. so now what. the only other thing i can thing of now is that my motor in up to high on my transom. the cavitation plate is 2" above the bottom of boat and my transom is 20" tall with a short shaft motor. which is probably to tall. I think i am going to have to cut a notch out of the transom to make it work. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I have found a 25 hp long shaft nissan that i will be looking at this friday in a trade for my 15 hp short shaft johnson. From an old friend and he said i could try it on my boat before we finalize the trade. So i will keep you guys posted on the motor. I saw pics of it tonight and i looks great.

Let me know if yall have any info on the nissan motor as im not familiar with them

A buddy of mine has a 35 hp Nissan, and it's been a sweet motor for over 10 years of service. That's the only Nissan I've seen on a regular basis, but they seem reliable to me.

My brother has an 18hp Nissan now and I've been around a few that friends have had over the years and I haven't heard any of them complain about anything out of the ordinary with them. I know my brothers starts easy and runs great.

Ya I'd scoop that bad boy up before someone else does! :shock:

:D :D I am here to report with great excitement that i made the trade/purchase today with my 15hp johnson to a 25hp Nissan. I took it for a ride here on the river and she was awesome. performed like a top. Start, Idle and Running. Couldn't be more pleased. will post a few pics of it tomorrow. :D :D

WOW
Its been quite a while since my last post. I last posted after swapping out my motor. But i have since dont alot of modifications to the boat. I have added the front deck and the rear seat box which houses the battery inside it. hear are some pics. Only thing left is to paint the all the aluminum you can see on the inside camo tan/flat tan, that will really offset the olive green used on the decking and box. the olive paint is a deck finish called restore. which leaves a rough textured finish so the deck is non-skid now. hope you enjoy. love the feedback.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49724790@N08/sets/72157633412792227/

Latest posts