My first/new boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UtahBassKicker said:
That side console looks awesome. How much draw does a stereo like that have? (you've got me considering one now!)

Not a whole lot as long as you aren't playing cd's. That will draw a ton on your battery.

It is a bit chilly to get much done today....we had snow last night....in may (gotta love Minnesota). None of it stuck atleast. I still have speaker boxes to build that will attach in the corners behind the center bench. One additional item that i am also going to place on the back of the center bench is a couple LED lights.....for those early morning/evening walleye outings.

Looking good man, keep up the good work. I don't know how I missed this thread before, but I love the color coded sketch you made.

I love the driver/side console. I have a similar looking 60/70s vintage Alumacraft that I've done a little too. You have some great ideas there, especially with the side console. Keep up the good work, and keep us updated.

Thanks for all the positive comments. I like the console at that location because i will be able to control every aspect of the boat from the driver's seat. The only thing i will have to move in the boat for is putting walleyes in the livewell. I will definitely keep updating and posting pictures of the progress. The next step will be sealing all the wood and getting the interior ready to paint the new color....tan to match the carpet and seats.

Outstanding call on the speakers! Screw scaring fish when you can get the Led out on a hot summer day.

jspphotos said:
Outstanding call on the speakers! Screw scaring fish when you can get the Led out on a hot summer day.

Will also be using the boat in non-fishing outings....ie camping on sandbars on the mississippi or just getting the mrs out on the water for a relaxing day on the water on a hot July day. Gotta have tunes for that......or the saturday morning fishing talk show that i like to listen to.

netman said:
Will also be using the boat in non-fishing outings....ie camping on sandbars on the mississippi or just getting the mrs out on the water for a relaxing day on the water on a hot July day. Gotta have tunes for that......or the saturday morning fishing talk show that i like to listen to.

Same thing I wanted in my boat. I love to fish, but we camp a lot too and I needed something for my gear.

jspphotos said:
netman said:

Same thing I wanted in my boat. I love to fish, but we camp a lot too and I needed something for my gear.

exactly. We love going out camping on the sandbars.....nothing like camping on a beach.

I got all my boards wrapped in carpet and the interior hull painted. now I am am ready to start puting her together. I will get pics up tomorrow.