my Lowe 1436L...im new...need a little help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAPLA

Reaction score
Hi all....My name is Mike...im new and love this site :mrgreen: ...I just picked up my first boat...its a Lowe 1436L...i couldn't complain about the price..800.00 for boat..trailer..life jackets...oars..trolling motor(Minn Kota turbo 90t..40lb thrust)...gamefisher 15hp...6 gallon tank...battery...battery charger...lg fishing net...I live in Pennsylvania...fish the Susquehanna river...love fishing for bass...catfish...walley...i want to build a deck...not to high but not real low...im 180lbs...and i have 2 little boys....any ideas or pics would really help
1123091033b.jpg[img]
https://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz135/RAPLA_2009/1123091034a.jpghttps://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz135/RAPLA_2009/1123091034b.jpg[/img]

build a front deck level with the top of your middle bench... then just put a floor in the middle - especially if you have 2 small boys... that extra floor space will give you a little more room/stability when they are in there with you

thanks a lot...i will do some looking on here..there are so many ideas

pics...all your help would be appreciated...

Attachments

• 1123091033b.jpg
    1123091033b.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 2,241
  • 1123091034b.jpg
    1123091034b.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 2,241
  • 1123091034a.jpg
    1123091034a.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 2,241
  • 1123091043.jpg
    1123091043.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 2,241
Welcome aboard. I use the 1436L also (borrowed from a buddy). The only thing I don't like is the bow rise and the taper on the bow, it narrows up real fast. I agree with Russ, deck the front even with the top of the middle seat and throw a floor in between the 2 benches. The boat is narrow compared to some, but it should be plenty stable. I have fished while standing on the bow seat. A deck should do just fine. Good luck, keep us posted.

thanks guys...im pretty sure im going with a small front deck and just putting a floor in so the boys dont trip...

Welcome aboard mate :D

I have a 1436, me the wife and two kids have been in it at the same time and its did just fine 8)

You can click my link to see what I did with mine :)

I have a 1436 as well, and I'm doing what these guys are recommending that you do. I have my build post in my signature if you want to check it out, also I'm attaching a diagram that represents the basic layout I'm working on. The dotted areas represent the benches.

You mentioned a small front deck, not sure what you meant but I don't think I would build a smaller deck than one going from the front to the center bench, it would be pretty small and I can't see what useable space you would gain in doing it that way.

Don't be intimidated by your project. The best advice I can give as a fellow first timer is to read as many of these build threads as you can, and then read them again as you progress in your build because the topics discussed will become more relevant to you. Good luck, I hope this helps a little.

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 2,180
RAPLA said:
thanks a lot...i will do some looking on here..there are so many ideas
I have a 1436 as well. Please feel free to check out my pics. Hopefully you might see something that you might decide to use. I don't have any pics up of my front deck yet but will have some soon. My build is almost finished. I can't wiat until spring arrives. Good luck. I look forward to seeing pics of your progress.

Latest posts