My New (old) Monark

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes i'm going to use the 2 part foam for the voids. It was suggested to me and I think it is the best idea. If you haven't seen already make sure to put flashing or something down so the foam doesn't fill the water channels and prevent any water from moving aft.

Now it is time to take the boat outside and put new Wheel bearings on the Trailer. I have all new lights to install and will be painting the trailer when it warms up. The next pictures is with all the seats installed and the new Anchor Mate (anchor winch) installed on the front.

I have put the motor back on and got it all reconnected now. No pics of it back on yet. Sorry. I also bought 2 new fish finders. Humingbird 525 for the console and a Eagle Cuda 300 for the front deck. I can't wait to go fishing!! Trailer still needs help but that will happen soon. More pictures to follow later.

What kind of paint did you use on that?? Where did you get it at? Price? Looks good man! I'm looking to paint mine a little lighter tan, with a black steelflex bottom. Looks good!

How did I miss this for so long? I'm really really impressed with the job you did =D> =D>

The paint and steelflex looks great, and I'm loving the camo seats, especially the 3 across. Job well done!

What kind of paint did you use on that?? Where did you get it at? Price? Looks good man! I'm looking to paint mine a little lighter tan, with a black steelflex bottom. Looks good!

https://www.supermarinepaint.com/camo-527.asp

I bought 1 gallon of the olive drab. (Color chart is on left of web page) It is more expensive but is the most awesome paint I have ever used. I did 2 coats on the entire boat and still have plenty left for the trailer. It flowed smoothly with a brush and dried really quick. Pretty thick too. I put the steelflexx half way up the sides and then painted over it to match the rest of the boat. Seems to have stuck to the steelflexx really well.

Great looking boat, I just aquired a free MonArk that looks just like yours. I dont have any papers on it, how do I determin the year? Goint to try and start the 60HP Chrysler tonight, if everything works out I hope to have mine looking as good as your very soon. Thanks for the insparation.
IMAG0119-1.jpg

IMAG0120-1.jpg

I'm really not sure how to find the year. There isn't much info about these old boats on the web. My data plate was painted over but luckily I got the old registration from the previous owner. My boat is a 1983.

Man those are nice boats. For some reason, I really like the front of the hull, how its squared off. Mines more of a vhull front, which probably breaks waves better, but it doesnt look as much like a tank, so...... :roll: :lol:

CHILIDWG- nice looking boat! thanks for the link to that foam company, they have exactly what i'm looking for. question for you...what thickness foam did you use? also how thick were the ribs of your boat? my sea ark has 2" thick ribs and i'm trying to decide if i need to spend the extra money for the 2" thick foam. thanks again!

Latest posts