My new Salmon/Steelhead rig

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaitCaster

Reaction score
Abu Garcia Record
8 1/2 foot St. Croix Medium Heavy Salmon/Steelhead rod
30 lb PowerPro Braid

Now bring on the Kings and Steelies! Hopefully I should be able to get out in late March.

Attachments

• Salmon reel.JPG
    Salmon reel.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 595
Baitcaster, keep us informed how this rod works out. I've been interested in one around 8' med /fast. My saltwater fishing buddy got one w/curado on it and it would send a live shrimp & popping cork waaaayyyy out there !! same with a spoon .It handles the speckled trout and redfish well too, Impressed me enough to want one !!!

ray55classic said:
Baitcaster, keep us informed how this rod works out. I've been interested in one around 8' med /fast. My saltwater fishing buddy got one w/curado on it and it would send a live shrimp & popping cork waaaayyyy out there !! same with a spoon .It handles the speckled trout and redfish well too, Impressed me enough to want one !!!

Will do. The rig has been leaning on the wall next to my bed since I got it. Still waiting for the warmer temperatures to try it out. Feele like it will cast a mile though. I will report.

Latest posts