My St.Croix Mojo Bass Crankbait rod.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salmon_Slayer_2008_Lund

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just picked up the newest addition in the St.Croix line up. The "Mojo" Bass Rod. Each rod is technique specific. I got the crankbait rod. It has a SCII graphite blank, Fuji guides and Fuji reel seat. It weighs 4oz. I have my Quantum Accurist PT.

7ft MH, Moderate action, 10-20lb line 3/8-1oz lures...

Here is the pics!

200811181746380001hb0.jpg

200811181746590002tg6.jpg

200811181747280004tw4.jpg

200811181747380005fh3.jpg

200811181748240007fm1.jpg

200811181755060008ug8.jpg

200811181755210010yr1.jpg

Wow. That looks nice. May end up getting one of those for my spinnerbait setup, as opposed to a Dobyns, like I had been planning for a bit.

How do y'all think the 7' spinnerbait Mojo rod compares to the Dobyns 704C?
https://www.dobynsrods.com/champion.htm

The specs look good. It would be paired with a Viento for starters, then probably changed to a Revo SX when I get one of those, as I want the Viento on my soft plastics rods. Line would likely be 12 pound triplefish fluoro. Paired with this, do you think the Mojo would do well with 3/8 to 5/8 spinnerbaits (1/2 oz most of the time)?

Also, having never used one, how do you like the split grip? I haven't used one of those before, and can see how I would like it, just never have tried one. Or, do y'all think I would be better saving up for an Avid, which I currently have one of, and love?

bassboy1 said:
Wow. That looks nice. May end up getting one of those for my spinnerbait setup, as opposed to a Dobyns, like I had been planning for a bit.

How do y'all think the 7' spinnerbait Mojo rod compares to the Dobyns 704C?
https://www.dobynsrods.com/champion.htm

The specs look good. It would be paired with a Viento for starters, then probably changed to a Revo SX when I get one of those, as I want the Viento on my soft plastics rods. Line would likely be 12 pound triplefish fluoro. Paired with this, do you think the Mojo would do well with 3/8 to 5/8 spinnerbaits (1/2 oz most of the time)?

Also, having never used one, how do you like the split grip? I haven't used one of those before, and can see how I would like it, just never have tried one. Or, do y'all think I would be better saving up for an Avid, which I currently have one of, and love?

I never used a Dobyns rod before. What is the price of the 704C?

I use a St.Croix Triumph Rod for my spinnerbaits. 6'6" Medium power with a fast tip. 10-17lb line and 1/4-3/4oz lures. Reel is Abu Garcia Revo S with Berkley Trilene XL 14lb. Its the 6.4:1 ratio. Its an amazing combo the rod itself weighs 4.2oz and I paid $70 for it. The Mojo Spinnerbait rod would toss those 3/8 - 5/8s with ease buddy, Its a MH power too! 12-20lb line. I toss 5/8s all the time with mine and its very nice.

Actually, the Dobyns is 170. I had misremembered, and thought it was around 130. So really, the 704C would probably be a closer comparison to the Avid rather than the Mojo. Although, the more I think about it, I think this Mojo would make just fine a spinnerbait rod for me. I do like the 7 feet for them. Price really isn't the biggest player in the feel of a rod to me.

bassboy1 said:
Actually, the Dobyns is 170. I had misremembered, and thought it was around 130. So really, the 704C would probably be a closer comparison to the Avid rather than the Mojo. Although, the more I think about it, I think this Mojo would make just fine a spinnerbait rod for me. I do like the 7 feet for them. Price really isn't the biggest player in the feel of a rod to me.

Well the blank in the Triumph and Mojo is the SCII blank, its found on the higher priced wild river.

Salmon_Slayer_2008_Lund said:
Its sexy lol. Its only 4oz and Cost me $99. I wonder how long that price is going to last?

It just came out a couple months ago.

The Mojo Bass sticks are imported rods like the Triumph. I suspect they'll be able to keep that price point.

Mattman said:
Its sexy lol. Its only 4oz and Cost me $99. I wonder how long that price is going to last?

It just came out a couple months ago.

The Mojo Bass sticks are imported rods like the Triumph. I suspect they'll be able to keep that price point.

You sure? On the website they say it was handcrafted in North America.

https://www.stcroixrods.com/rods/default2.asp?rodname=83

Look on the left on the features section.

That there is a nice looking setup you have man.

I've always wanted a St. Croix. Now may be the time to buy one......

[/quote]

Yes.

There are a couple of models of rods that don't have corresponding blanks listed in their custom builder catalog. I inquired about getting them and was told that the Mojo is an import and thus no blanks are available. I suppose its possible that just the blanks are imported.

Mattman said:

Yes.

There are a couple of models of rods that don't have corresponding blanks listed in their custom builder catalog. I inquired about getting them and was told that the Mojo is an import and thus no blanks are available. I suppose its possible that just the blanks are imported.[/quote]

Perhaps, I never knew the SCII graphite blanks were imported. The same blank is in the Wild River model.

mr.fish said:
That setup looks awesome. Hope it kicks *** for ya

Thanks alot dude, The weather got really cold here and my local lakes started getting a thin sheet of ice on the surface when I got the rod. (go figure) I did cast in my backyard with those practice weights and man does it feel sweet!

Latest posts