Need Carb Part Number Please

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acolic

Reaction score
Hi

I was rebuilding the carbs for an Evinrude 1977 75743s and while taking off a brass piece that goes straight through the carb body it snapped. It’s a brass piece with another brass piece within it.

I can’t find the parts in this diagram.

https://www.crowleymarine.com/johnson-evinrude/parts/40905.cfm

I guess I can use the carbs off a 1977 70773S but I would rather replace the brass parts.

Appreciate the help.

ef73f06ffe6202aa2a0a84f1ca07f39f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They dont sell them that im aware of.. Why were you removing the nozzle?? Can clean it with it in...
Youll have to buy a carb online somewhere and either use the whole carb or take the nozzle off it.
Theres prob quite a few year models that have that same nozzle in them so your not stuck trying to buy that exact carb.

My lesson if the day.

Got a bit too enthusiastic.

Luckily I have 3 others.

So I popped on 3 carbs from a 1977 70773s and the motor took off like wild.

The idle was way too fast.

I compared the carb parts from a 70hp and a 75HP and only one part is different.

Part #33 Orfice Plug.

Any idea what it does and why it is different between a 1977 70Hp and a 75 HP?

Thanks

https://www.crowleymarine.com/johnson-evinrude/parts/40905.cfm?mdl=PG7MPZ

nccatfisher said:
Forget the orfice and set the idle to your engine.
Hi

Any idea how to set the idle on an Evinrude 1977 70773S.

The shop manual I have walks you through rebuilding the motor but surprisingly has nothing on setting idle speed.

Thanks for the help.

There's a Link & Sync process to go through if you have a true OEM shop manual that will cover the idle adjustment, but for simple idle adjustment, you need to tweak this screw:

1977 Idle Adjustment.JPG

Good luck!

Latest posts