Need help on my footcontrol TM

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
I was given a old OMC foot control and the 1st speed went out, I guess its the switch, I tried to look on line for a part but they don't seem that old for it. I have no clue how to indentify this thing, what year and wht, so what do I need off my motor to match and get the part?

Thanks for any info

Have you tried https://www.trollingmotorparts.com ?Is the model number still on the TM or foot controller?If you can get the number off the switch,a parts dealer maybe able to cross reference the part,and tell you what other manufacture's switches will work.Try cleaning the contacts,if you can get at them.

I wouldn't buy a switch without making sure that is what it is. Take it apart, and start testing for continuity with a multi-meter. If the switch doesn't have continuity on speed one, but does on the rest, it likely is the switch. If the switch still works, it will be something else. Does anybody know for certain how these things operate the lower speeds? If I had to guess, I would say it would be a series of resistors for the lower speeds, with only the top speed running on a full 12 volts (bypassing the resistors), but I don't know for certain. If I could find an exploded parts diagram of these, I could figure that out.

Thanks, OK, I'll check a few things but, I'm limited on knowledge of electrics, I can take apart and put back together-testing the flow is another thing. everything else works fine, its the 1st speed that quit working on me last spetember.

Still haven't fixed it yet, but today I found one speed switch for $39.99 and another one for $19.43. I guess one is made of gold :lol:

Seriously I guess they're the same?

Latest posts