Need opinions on electrical setup (15 ft Alweld)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfrnut

Reaction score
Okay, so promised I would start posting a little more if I ever found a boat. After looking around for a while, I finally located a boat. For now, I plan on just going with 2 trolling motors, one bow(45LB) and one stern(55LB). The stern will be hand controlled and just used to get me out to the fishing areas and back. The bow will be foot controlled and will be the primary trolling motor through the day. Here is a rough start to a proposed wiring setup. If you guys that are more experienced with this wouldn't mind taking a look at it and giving me some feedback, it would be greatly appreciated. In a perfect world, I would like to keep both batteries in the back to keep things cleaner, but I don't know what to expect with 30 ft of run. Any thoughts? Also undecided on what I will be looking at/needing as far as battery capacity with this setup. I don't think I will run into any issues load wise with this setup, but would like to get the opinions out there of folks with more experience.

Thanks in advance....

Boat Wiring.jpg

To be honest, undecided. I would like to have them both rear to keep them out of the way and easier to set up for an on-board charging unit, but have not ruled out installing the battery for the front somewhere near the bow. I figure from the back end, it would probably be about a 15 ft run(30 ft total for + -) to a disconnect. Possibly looking at 6 AWG or better for that? Been looking at the battery tender male/female sockets to install for bow and stern trollers.

6 Guage will work perfectly for the long run.

Make sure to include a circuit breaker in line for both batteries case of shorts.

Batteries, go with group 27 or bigger deep cycle.

Latest posts