Need some advice / guidance on first build Alweld 1652j

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this boat roller coaster ride of mine is winding down and I'm getting back to it for real. I got the rear bench seat extended and it is now perfect for my tiller. Before, the tiller handle was too long for the seat placement and it was awkward to operate.

I decided to keep this boat and make it the way I want it. I also decided to keep the tiller. Just needed to fix the rear seat placement. Now it has been done and I'm back in love with my boat again. Proper boat, Engine is fixed, everything is right. Time to finish rigging. Sorry for the complaining and stuff between. Time to get back to the build.

I'm not exactly sure if i'm supposed to say who did the work on my boat. But lets just say I'm an Alweld customer for life. =)

I looked into the console option and decided that I would have roughly the same amount of deck if I just fixed the seat placement for my tiller. So it saved me quite a bit of money by staying with the tiller. I feel it is easier to maneuver as well. Plus I enjoy running a tiller, so it ended up as a win / win. I just fold the tiller handle up, and it's out of the way. Gives plenty of space for the rear fisherman.

Here are the latest.

The pedestal mount in the center is the fishing pedestal. I will put some in for the driver and passenger seats next.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=362973#p362973 said:
J Hartman » 11 Aug 2014, 20:27[/url]"]So this boat roller coaster ride of mine is winding down and I'm getting back to it for real. I got the rear bench seat extended and it is now perfect for my tiller. Before, the tiller handle was too long for the seat placement and it was awkward to operate.

I decided to keep this boat and make it the way I want it. I also decided to keep the tiller. Just needed to fix the rear seat placement. Now it has been done and I'm back in love with my boat again. Proper boat, Engine is fixed, everything is right. Time to finish rigging. Sorry for the complaining and stuff between. Time to get back to the build.

I'm not exactly sure if i'm supposed to say who did the work on my boat. But lets just say I'm an Alweld customer for life. =)

I looked into the console option and decided that I would have roughly the same amount of deck if I just fixed the seat placement for my tiller. So it saved me quite a bit of money by staying with the tiller. I feel it is easier to maneuver as well. Plus I enjoy running a tiller, so it ended up as a win / win. I just fold the tiller handle up, and it's out of the way. Gives plenty of space for the rear fisherman.

Here are the latest.

The pedestal mount in the center is the fishing pedestal. I will put some in for the driver and passenger seats next.

Looks good man!! Would've been nice if you'd known the length of the tiller handle before the boat build and talked to Alweld to see if they would have moved the rear bench up the inches you needed.

Latest posts