need some advice

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieselaw

Reaction score
so i saw a jon boat online.......here is the listing......
1993 20' jon boat with 30hp.Evinrude and 45lb. thrust bow mount with foot control.Live wells, rod holders,anchor with reel,and fish finder.On tilt trailer with new tires.......i have never seen a jon boat this long and i was wondering if any of u guys had any knowledge/experience with this long of a jon boat. thx for the input.

A 20' jon is a good sized boat (imho)! What's the width? If I had a 20' jon, I'd want a little more thrust on the tm than 45#, but that's just my thoughts. Any pics of the boat? Can you post the on-line link here?

I know they make them,atleast in the modV form.I think there close to 6 feet wide at the bottom.

I was looking at it! :LOL2:

ITs a Legendcraft and done right would be a BEAST! :beer:

COASTAL%2020%20IN%20SAVANNAHA,GA.jpg

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/boa/733459353.html .......here is the link. i spoke with the owner he said it is a 42 inch floor. comes with the working engine, working trolling motor, and the front is decked. pls let me know what u guys think.

I don't know. Probably would be about as stable as a 1442, (may be an illusion, but using the motor as a reference, it almost looks like a 36 inch bottom). But, you would have a lot of length to contend with. Seems that if I was living with a 42 inch bottom, I wouldn't go any longer than the 15 I have at the house.

Also, take a better look at that motor. It is a jet. Great if you are running shallow rocky rivers, but that is about all they are great for. You lose so much power by putting a jet on it, so you would probably be closer to 25 hp. Plus, they are a bit more complicated to work on.

Yup..

that's a river rig.

They make mud boats in that configuration as well. Good for running rivers or shallow swamps but they are definitely a niche market. If I were going to use it on lakes, I (personally) would keep on looking.

Like bassboy said, since it's a jet.. it's not going to perform anywhere near a 30hp prop drive.

Latest posts