Need some oil info

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BASSNUT

Reaction score
Im going to change the oil on my Suzuki four stroke DF70T the oil I picked up says SAE 25W-40 the manual says SAE 10W-40 is the 25W-40 ok to use or should I get what the book says

Thanks for any info you can give me :)

Go with what the book says. How much oil are you talking about?

You can use the other viscosity oil but it might not provide the proper lubrication - would hate to blow a motor because i would not spend another 10.00 for the proper oil.

I bought a gallon of the 25W-40 it was 33.04 I will take it back and pick up the right oil. Thanks
Captain Ahab said:
Go with what the book says. How much oil are you talking about?

You can use the other viscosity oil but it might not provide the proper lubrication - would hate to blow a motor because i would not spend another 10.00 for the proper oil.

How do you like your 4-stroke Susuki? How long have you had it? Is it under warranty. As you can see in my post that we just bought a set of Suzuki's. I'm a Yamaha fanatic but we couldn't pass up the deal we found and I know nothing about them. I was talking to the Suzuki dealer and he said the same thing that Yamaha says about their motors. If it is under warranty USE SUZUKI brand oil and filters. It avoids a lot of headaches if you have issues later on down the road. It only cost $4 more to use Yamalube in my Yamaha's and they never question anything concerning warranty's.

It's a 2002 My Dad gave me the boat in 2007, he has never had a problem with the motor
Specknreds said:
How do you like your 4-stroke Susuki? How long have you had it? Is it under warranty. As you can see in my post that we just bought a set of Suzuki's. I'm a Yamaha fanatic but we couldn't pass up the deal we found and I know nothing about them. I was talking to the Suzuki dealer and he said the same thing that Yamaha says about their motors. If it is under warranty USE SUZUKI brand oil and filters. It avoids a lot of headaches if you have issues later on down the road. It only cost $4 more to use Yamalube in my Yamaha's and they never question anything concerning warranty's.

Latest posts