need some tips

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieselaw

Reaction score
well i found a boat i was interested in. i looked at it and the motor ran great, and the overall condition of the bot was good. my only problem(if u want to call it that ) is i have not seen any mods of a boat like this. 16' 48" wide and no seat in the middle. i want to accomodate 2 people, but i am not sure if i want to put a bench seat in the middle, or a little raised portion to put an adjustable seat on. i do want the seats low(as i might take my daughter out), but i want it to be "fishable" for an adult. and i also would like to place 2 batteries near the front of the boat for the bow mount trolling motor, but it looks like i would have to extend the whole front deck. i appreciate any tips or examples u guys could offer. thx

Attachments

• 1648.jpg
    1648.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 688
Why do you need a seat in the middle? My 1448 has one and I wish that it didn't.

A passenger can either sit beside you on the rear while running or on the front. The front is where my passengers ride 99% of the time even with the middle seat.

Having no center seat frees up valuable floor space.

I have a 1448 and I took the middle seat out to free up the middle. Here's 2 links to my mod.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2885

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3534

I wish my boat was 16'.

Dave

When I was getting the boat for my project, I almost went with an Alumacraft 1442, that had the center seat. But, I (against what I originally wanted) ended up with a 1542, that had your layout style. That extra foot, and not having the middle seat has opened me up to SOOOOO many more options, and I definitely would have felt limited with the 14 and middle seat. Check out my project (1981 15 foot Yazoo), and look at the layout. Proportionately, the aluminum bulkhead on mine is where your deck ends. As you can see, my battery box is just aft of that, so it is the equivalent of adding 2 feet to your existing deck.

Because of my 42 inch bottom width, and the side rod locker, I went with a side seat, but you could very easily put a center seat in, especially since you have a wider bottom.

A friend of mine has a Lowe 1542V, with seats fore and aft, and the middle deck is open, except for a 60" storage box on the port side same as I do) Very fishable and stable boat.

i like that boat. i would love to see a bunch more pics for ideas, particularly the back and a differdnt angle on the front( it is hard to see the elevation on the decks). thx

i would mount a plate center,and then buy 2 different drop in seat poles for different height people.then when no ones there it could be removed.my next boat will be open center to.i used to just sit on a cooler in the center of my buddies boat, lol.thats a nice wide boat you have,very stable.so you got alot of options for that boat.good luck,hope you post some pics.

i think that you could get a couple of the short seat mounts after putting a floor in and that away you could have a removable center seat so when your daughter is with you you could put her in a seat and when its just you..you could take them out and have an open deck to move around on

put a center console on and have a seat in front of it, that would be bad ***! but i doubt you would want to do all that work... but seriously, you can seat 2 in the back and one just sit backwards on the front deck.

Latest posts