Need to Express my Anger

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate seeing stuff like this happen to people. What happened to the days when people took pride in their work and businesses would fix their mistakes because they knew that if they treated you right it would increase their business? These days is seems like they think they will get by as long as they can because there are enough people to rip off before it really hurts them.

Good luck to you tender...I hope you get some justice.

BassGeek54 said:
...What happened to the days when people took pride in their work...?

I honestly believe that those days are long gone. Unfortunately, a lot of businesses have fallen in to what I call the "fast food" syndrome. There is very little company loyalty amongst workers these days. A high turn-over rate of employees, due to low pay, and slim/lack of benefits, breeds a lack of pride in workmanship. Everything is a quick-fix to get the customer out the door, hoping they do not return too soon with complaints.

I took mine to UHaul because I'm an absolute klutz with tools and when it comes to anything electrical my idea of "ground" is what my wife plants the tulip bulbs in. Better to let them do it--I thought. If this doesn't work out to your satisfaction my suggestion is that you write a letter to the Better Business Bureau detailing what happened, who said what, what was done and what wasn't, and why you'll never use UHaul again. If nothing else, it might spare someone else the problems you've had.

Deadmeat said:
I took mine to UHaul because I'm an absolute klutz with tools and when it comes to anything electrical my idea of "ground" is what my wife plants the tulip bulbs in. Better to let them do it--I thought. If this doesn't work out to your satisfaction my suggestion is that you write a letter to the Better Business Bureau detailing what happened, who said what, what was done and what wasn't, and why you'll never use UHaul again. If nothing else, it might spare someone else the problems you've had.
I am the same. I would rather pay more money and have the peace of mind that by boat won't detach from my truck on the highway.

BassGeek54 said:
I hate seeing stuff like this happen to people. What happened to the days when people took pride in their work and businesses would fix their mistakes because they knew that if they treated you right it would increase their business? These days is seems like they think they will get by as long as they can because there are enough people to rip off before it really hurts them.

Good luck to you tender...I hope you get some justice.

Over time uhual has fired more of their fine mechanics and hire other people under lower pay that are not really experienced

I Installed the hitch on my porsche and had U-haul do the wiring. They did a good job once the figured out it needed the converter B/C the car had separate turn signals.