Need to find a drainage plug for boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mythos

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the drainage port on my boat. Need help finding a plug that fits. Thanks.

6280960264_33440f1b84.jpg

6280963530_9af243a34c.jpg

6280473249_ba948f7b02.jpg

6280475239_20f7b8e9c1.jpg

If it's the standard size plug walmart will have it. If it's an odd size most hardware stores will have expanding rubber plugs.

Flip Lock (most common) and T Handle drain plugs come in two sizes.
1" (most common) and 1 1/4". As Lckstkn' mentioned, Wally World is you best bet. :)

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll head out to walmart once I get the drainage hole measure after work today.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stainless-Steel-316-Marine-Boat-Snap-Drain-Plug-1-Diameter-50032162-/400244344255?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&vxp=mtr&hash=item5d306c05bf

River said:
Get several......

If you aren't planning to deck the boat or cover up the the drain plug, get one of the flip lock styles and run a small chain through the lever...and attach the other end to the transom. Now ya can't lose it!

Best of all, if you forget the plug and launch the boat...you always know right where the plug is! No frantic searching while the boat sinks! (Ask me how I know.......)

One other tip: My hole was slightly leaking so I sealed it with Gluvit and the plug is a pretty tight squeeze now.

...man am I going to hear it for typing that one! but it worked!

I had a funny little drainage hole in my boat. It had like, a little flange on the outside of the boat that the plug was supposed to grab onto, and pull tight against the boat. Couldn't figure out what kind of plug worked with it, and I tried about 5 different plugs from walmart and BPS, and none worked. I just cut that mother off, got me a rubber plug from lowes. And it works perfectly.

I got the idea from a member here when I first found the forum. Goes something like this.

Take the rubber plug, and drill a hole straight through the center, use a bolt with a wingnut, and a washer on each side of the plug, place in drainage hole, and tighten down until it doesn't leak. Works like a charm.

Latest posts