New Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ben2go said:
Our sponsor, Blue Water LED, has some great lights for inside the boat, and they don't use much power at all. https://www.bluewaterled.com/

Great!!!! Thanks for the advise and website. I will definetly give it a try. I have a pretty good spotlight. Still learning guys. Thanks again!!

Well, as luck would have it, and as my reputation goes I could tear up an anvil with a rubber hammer, I bent the fire out of my (I think it is called) keel support. Fortunately, I have a very good friend who's father owns an auto repair shop and we (he) got it straightened out. So much for tearing up things. I had a rubber bow stop that came with the boat, but it was 1 inch too big....So, being the compulsive tinkerer I am, I sawed it down to size and it fit like a glove.....Just have to be a little less agressive when loading my boat. Having fun fishin with my boys...even fished in the rain yesterday. As my luck would have it, the rain stopped when we loaded the boat to go home. Thanks everyone for the tips and suggestions. All have been great and welcomed! FISH ON!!!!

ndcroy said:
Well, as luck would have it, and as my reputation goes I could tear up an anvil with a rubber hammer, I bent the fire out of my (I think it is called) keel support. Fortunately, I have a very good friend who's father owns an auto repair shop and we (he) got it straightened out. So much for tearing up things. I had a rubber bow stop that came with the boat, but it was 1 inch too big....So, being the compulsive tinkerer I am, I sawed it down to size and it fit like a glove.....Just have to be a little less agressive when loading my boat. Having fun fishin with my boys...even fished in the rain yesterday. As my luck would have it, the rain stopped when we loaded the boat to go home. Thanks everyone for the tips and suggestions. All have been great and welcomed! FISH ON!!!!

Check out the bow stop link below in my signature.It will help to keep from punching the nose of your boat.

just get you a good spotlight - I've got this one on my boat, but I can generally see my trailer well enough to put it on since I have LED trailer brake lights...

I carry this on the boat with me at night to look for debris, stumps and rocks when it's pitch black - https://www.blackanddecker.com/ProductGuide/Product-Details.aspx?ProductID=17983

It lasts pretty good, but if you use it full power a lot, it will drain fast. I also have a green head lamp that I keep on my hat that puts out pretty good light

Well, still having difficulties with my motor. At times it runs well at half throttle. Other times it misses badly....almost like a cross fire above half throttle. But, it gets me up and down the river just not very fast. The other day it was dying out when running at half throttle. I plan to put a carb kit in soon. I have replaced the fuel line and primmer bulb, made sure there are no air leaks...Just about everything I can to on the outside. This winter I will be refurbing the inside of the boat. Look for pictures as I surely will be needing some pointers. Thanks again for everyone's help and support. I think I have already gotten my investment out of the boat if you mearsure fun factor

Be careful running it like it is. Two strokes dont like to be starved for fuel, remember, the fuel has the lube in it. Can easily screw up a piston/cylinder running it fuel (and therefore, lube) starved.

I am beginning to think that if the high speed jets arent clogged, you may have a fuel pump problem.