new guy first post

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratosjoe

Reaction score
Hi to all from cornfields of Illinois. I have a 15' Duracraft with an 1972 20hp johnson I stripped everything out and installed all new wiring with a Bottomline 5100 in the bow and a super 30 flasher in the stern . I have a Minnkota 76lb thrust 24volt in the stearn and a 67lb thrust MG foot controlled in the bow. The rear is locked forward on high with a hotfoot button in the front. Really boogies on lakes for 10hp or less or tm only lakes. I carpeted with Menards indoor outdoor in hunter green. Put in an old am/fm cass to listen to the Cubs get beat (50 year Cub fan) also plugs both sides for sloan blacklights. The boat is sand brown in pretty good shape and the trailer is a full sized bassboat trailer with 15" wheels I painted the trailer with copper/bronze all weather wrinkle paint. I put all new LED lights on it plus spots on front and back for backing and loading at night. I am having a custom made road cover for it now also in Dark green. I have a 1993 Stratos 274vf with a Johnson 150 for the big water but truthfully getting back to a tinboats is a blast.
I learned how to do the work almost exclusivly off this site (Great Place) tip of the hat to all who have shared their ideas and plans. I have a two compartment livewell with pump and hoses to trade for whatever as I took it out no longer needed (don't fish tournies or eat fish)
Top of the day to all thanks again for a great site....Joe G :D sorry if this is the wrong place to post my rambling

:WELCOME: aboard. Look forward to some pictures. I have a 15ft Duracraft as well that I am in the process of modding.

Latest posts