New Guy From New England

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
imbrave1 said:
NEGrumman, I just acquired a 13 footer just like yours. Was in Massachusetts. The ser # is 3222. Great shape, a couple dings but no leaks. My ser plate says 3hp max.

Photos below. Date on camera screwed up, sorry.

Awesome to see someone else with the same boat on here and so local. If you know anything about our boats that would be great. I can't even figure a model year for mine. I have them same plate also with the capacity's and everything. i will have to take a picture of mine now also.

I found out through very random investigating on the net. They started making the boats in Marathon NY in 1952 and mine has a Marathon tag. I saw catalogs from 1961 or 2 and they already moved away from the flat bottom to a semi-v hull. In 1972 companies were required to have 12 character hull ID numbers and these predate that, sooooo, I believe through all that reading, I will eventually confirm it some day when I run into someone who worked there.

That really is a cool boat. How does it handle the waves? I'm not talking about being out on the Atlantic during a storm, but putting around. Reason why I'm asking is I was wanting to build a dory sometime, but the flat bottom and v-bow had me wondering.

togaurd said:
That really is a cool boat. How does it handle the waves? I'm not talking about being out on the Atlantic during a storm, but putting around. Reason why I'm asking is I was wanting to build a dory sometime, but the flat bottom and v-bow had me wondering.

Its not that bad on the waves its kinda like a cork and just goes up and over them.

Have you ever found out any more info on our boats since we spoke last? I had 2 offers lately but I think they were just after the Highlander trailer. Any idea on the value? I have an electric motor on mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0642.JPG
    IMG_0642.JPG
    472.3 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0641.JPG
    IMG_0641.JPG
    377.4 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0341-2.JPG
    IMG_0341-2.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0339-1.JPG
    IMG_0339-1.JPG