New Guy in TX

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cntryislandboy

Reaction score
I've been a member and admirer of alot of the boats on here for some time. Wondering when my chance would come to join the boat owners, and now the time has come. Yesterday I purchased my first boat, it's a alumacraft 1232. The boat is about 2 yrs old, and it came with a 2-3 yrs old home made boat trailer, humminbird fishfinder, 3 rod holders, all the lighting(some inside even), 2 tm(30 motorguide and a 36 kota).anchor, and battery(the size of a 6 pack, this will be the first upgrade before even thinking of hitting the water), all for $500 i guess all the waiting( about 3 yrs, but for 2.5 of those i had access to my buddys). Will hopefully post some pics when i get home from work.

thanks guys, hope to have pic or two up this evening, i am actually in Abilene, at Dyess AFB, but orginally from Gatlinburg TN. Not sure how well the boat will do on the lakes back home, their alot bigger than the ones near my house here in TX.

it took me a little bit but finally got some pics of the night i got her, lots of work yet to come

Attachments

• DSC01706a.jpg
    DSC01706a.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 1,566
  • DSC01707a.jpg
    DSC01707a.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 1,566
they were sittin on the carpet, it's just the green astro turf stuff. i want to attempt to make a front casting deck and try to keep it some what low because of tippsyness, but taking it out first and going to try to stand on make shift deck to see how it handles, if not good, i will just put 2 nice seasts in 1 on the middle and 1 on the rear bench and then just make a floor and cover for the back battery area.

I figured that, I always sat on the benches in my 1232, looks like they had it set up for 2 people, definitly want to sit as low as possible with that weight , the typsiness is realted to lack of widht, kinda like a canoe, stay centered etc, however if you are alone, you have more options, I would definitly try out a makeshift deck,.

thanks froggy, all i really want to do is a floor between the 2 benches, then the rear bench just extend it further back to cover battery compartment with a little bit of storage, and then maybe a low to mid front deck nothing to high just something to be able to put a raised chair between the front and middle bench, then bulid up the very front a bit so i can mount a bow mount tm and operate it from the front seat, trying to keep weight and cost down, don't need anything fansty to catch fish, just something that floats, the added comfort is just a bonus.

finally got the battery and charger, going to put her in the water for the first time on sat, can't wait, after that going to restart all the electrical work, i don't really like the way the guy had it before me, looks sorta sloppy in my oppinion, i'll post some detailed pics when i get it re-wired, hopefully next weekend working permiting.