New guy with a project boat.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I doubt you, but that runs contrary to what their website says.

I found a West marine locally and got some good info and advice from them. Their stuff is not cheap but it is made with this type of use in mind.

The UV issue will be addressed just for peace of mind but their in store guy didnt think it was necessary given my use and storage conditions.

The one thing he did tell me was not to use pressure treated due to the oilyish surface will reject most coatings.

I worked in a Pressure treat plant for about 3-4 months, nasty work.

I worked in a Pressure treatment plant for about 3-4 months,

well, then . . . Mr. Wolves, if you worked there, you must know way more than us !!!
so please share your photos of any pressure treated wood and aluminum projects with us.
the cumulative inquiring minds want to know !!

and again, I think this issue boils down to MCA, ACQ and copper that is used in the treatment process.
so - if the product data sheet says it is okay to use in direct contact with aluminum . . .
your boat = your call.

Johnny said:
I worked in a Pressure treatment plant for about 3-4 months,

well, then . . . Mr. Wolves, if you worked there, you must know way more than us !!!
so please share your photos of any pressure treated wood and aluminum projects with us.
the cumulative inquiring minds want to know !!

and again, I think this issue boils down to MCA, ACQ and copper that is used in the treatment process.
so - if the product data sheet says it is okay to use in direct with contact with aluminum . . .
your boat = your call.

Is this really necessary?

"The cumulative"? Do you presume to speak for everyone here?

I apologize if I have hurt your "Feelings" or triggered you in some deep personal way, but I would think west marine and the wooden boat builders might be able to give a fresh view into what you may personally take as gospel.

Were not building rockets here, so if you cant be civil and not act childish maybe you can please overlook this thread from now on?

Good edit. :roll:

Going back and re reading their (yellawood) site their information regarding using it in contact with aluminum is rather vague.

ALUMINUM
Aluminum building products may be placed in direct contact with YellaWood® brand products with micronized copper preservatives used for interior uses and above-ground exterior applications such as decks, fencing, and landscaping projects. Examples of aluminum products include siding, roofing, gutters, door and window trim, flashing, nails, fasteners and other hardware connectors. However, direct contact of micronized copper treated products and aluminum building products should be limited to code-compliant construction applications that provide proper water drainage and do not allow the wood to be exposed to, or remain in contact with, a continual moisture source, standing water or water immersion. In addition, micronized copper treated wood should not be encased, sealed, or wrapped with aluminum products where trapped moisture or water can occur so as to avoid pitting or other unwanted results.

Latest posts