New Hunting "Dog" for russ010!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cprince

Reaction score
:idea: :!:

russ010 told us a story in another thread the other day about shooting a rattler in the bottom of his boat causing him some JB Weld type aluminum repair work.

Perhaps you should get a new pet that will help you keep the lead out of the aluminum?

He looks friendly...

1.jpg

Seems to take his work seriously

2.jpg

Gets right into a project

3.jpg

Takes his work home with him

4.jpg

Won't leave you hanging

5.jpg

Wont give up until the job is done

6.jpg

Best of all; he wont hang around looking to be pet every time he does you a favor!

7.jpg

Not certain about what kind of snake that is... but I think I like it!! Just leave that bad boy in the bottom of your boat russ010 and rattlers will be a thing of the past for you!

Craig

russ010 said:
we've got those too... but they will CHASE you!!! I only speak from experience....

LOL!

Love to see him try and chase me! If I ran out my front door tonight, it would get a rude awakening with -4 below zero F. It has warmed up the past few days from the -40 (both C and F as they happen to meet at this temperature!)

Snake-sicle!

I wonder how many times that hose got bitten before that rattler came along?

:shock:

russ010 said:
we've got those too... but they will CHASE you!!! I only speak from experience....
They are FAST too. You have to run a full sprint to get away from one, or to catch up on one, if you end up on that end.

HOIST-N-HAWGS said:
Very cool pic's! But why run from a non-poisonous snake? :popcorn:

I take it you've never had one wrapped around you before.. we used to catch them and throw them in the cars with our buddies in there making out with their girl.. they'd fall out the doors, and for some reason those snakes pick out 1 person to go after.

We used to have 2 guys hold the snake and wrap the last 2-3 feet of their tail around our arms. It's like putting your whole body in a vice - they have remarkable constrictions. Not to mention what they can do to a chicken. They make it flatter than running over one with a car

russ010 said:
HOIST-N-HAWGS said:

I take it you've never had one wrapped around you before.. we used to catch them and throw them in the cars with our buddies in there making out with their girl.. they'd fall out the doors, and for some reason those snakes pick out 1 person to go after.

:lol: That's just wrong! :lol:

HOIST-N-HAWGS said:

Just because a snake is not poisonous does not mean it will not bite you. Some snakes in the same species may be more aggressive than their counterparts. I have handled some that are docile, then others you can not let their head go or they will bite you. Rat/Corn snakes in this part of SC are like that. Another way to put it. Why run from a brahma bull, it is not poisonous?

my wife Tiffany got some good photos of a water snake taking down a bull frog... I'll have to get her to post them. they are awesome

OhioStateBuckeye said:
thats why i live in ohio.... not so many snakes.

Ditto here.. .Canada (at least in my part of it!) has no poisonous snakes.

But the Polar Bears run quite fast on the ice... every time I pull a seal through a hole there is a mean Polar Bear breathing over my shoulder. Thank God for gun control here... or I wouldn't have a pointy stick to piss him off with!

:---)

Craig

lol I guess I may be a freak for saying this but I use to Breed Reptiles when I was younger.

Kings, Corns, Rat and milk snakes are all chewing biters working there mouths back and forth diging there massive 1/16" teeth in ya lol

you want a bad bite I had my 18' Burm miss a Jumbo Rat and nail and wrap me up lol that hurt took myself and 2 other friends to get her off.

over all I had at one time about 200 Herps in my room from 3 1/2" house snakes to the 18 footer
and everything in between

But still why run away when they are so much fun to play with.

I cant wait for March/April I'll be on the look out for.......

Attachments

• Copperhead.jpg
    Copperhead.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 402
OhioStateBuckeye said:
thats why i live in ohio.... not so many snakes.

Lucky you: :shock:
Venomous/Nonvenomous Snakes of Ohio
Brown snake, midland
Copperhead, northern – venomous
Fox snake, eastern
Garter snake, Butler's
Garter snake, eastern
Garter snake, eastern plains
Green snake, eastern & western smooth
Green snake, rough
Hog-nosed snake, eastern
Kingsnake, black