New idea!!!! What do you all think? " In my TINBOAT"

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Deutsch

Reaction score
Well, I’m not sure where this should go but here’s where I’ll start it. If you all like the idea maybe Jim can put up a new category in the index dedicated to just this topic.

I’ve decided to start trying to get more pictures this year of me in my boat with fish or without, it doesn’t really matter. Being that I fish by myself a lot I’m still trying to master the whole timer thing on the camera and positioning with the sun but I’m having fun!

So here’s my idea. I think we should have a place on the site called “In my TINBOAT”

This will be a place where we can post pics of us using our boats whether it be fishing or working on them but regardless there will be people in the pics with the boat. A little different that the pics of the in-progress or finished product pics. I just figured since the site is dedicated to our boats we may as well show them off in action! Obviously it’s important to have some part of the boat or water in the picture but not needed, heck this is just for fun after all!

Let me know what you all think. Here are my first two submissions from Memorial Day weekend!

Dave

Attachments

• Dave Bass2.JPG
    Dave Bass2.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,152
  • Dave Bass1.JPG
    Dave Bass1.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 1,164
Good idea! I finally took a pic (from the bank) of mine on the water (beached) a couple of weekends ago. Off-topic, are you using a vertical rod holder for the rods on your rig? I've thought about doing that.

Here's one of the boat from a few weeks back after finishing for the day, first time I've ever taken a pic of it on the water in the 5 years I've had it.

Off-topic, are you using a vertical rod holder for the rods on your rig? I've thought about doing that.

Here's the rod holders I'm using. The back one is a 4 rod set up and then I have a single on each side behind my front desk for a rod or net.

Attachments

• XpressOtter5_10_08b.JPG
    XpressOtter5_10_08b.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,173
  • i010316sn03.jpg
    i010316sn03.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,897
Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:42 pm

Captain Ahab wrote:
shamoo wrote:
Sounds good to me Double Ds :shock: #-o.

The good Captain always approves of Double Ds!!

That right there was good for a laugh out loud at my desk! Thanks I needed that one!

So this may be harder than we think. Never fails that you don't think about taking pictures in the boat until after the boat is out of the water! DOH! Went out this weekend for 10 hrs on sat and had the camera sitting 2 feet from me in the bag the entire day, seems like I only take pictures when I catch and release. Oh well, hopefully I can get out in between storms after work this week and get some more to add.

Anyone else manage any " In my TINBOAT" pics from the weekend?

Dave

These two pics are from last Thursday. It was a great day on the water, the company and fishing was great!

Come guys and gals, post up your picks of you in your TINBOAT! I know I wanna see them! :mrgreen:

Dave

This is my buddy Tim with a decent bass and then of a nice gill that went 8.5 inches.

Attachments

• TimDbass6_19_08s.JPG
    TimDbass6_19_08s.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 1,113
  • TimDgill6_19_08s.JPG
    TimDgill6_19_08s.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 1,113
That's a nice bass! 8)

Thought I'd post a pic of yours and mine together. The shots are pretty close! 8)

Dave's:
file.php

Mine:
stbd_view-beached_boat_5-20-08.JPG

WW- That is crazy, our boats could be related! :lol: Maybe we'll have to get them together some time for a play date. :D

BassAddict

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:12 am

I really like the idea!!

Thanks! I hope that people like it. Maybe we can get Jim to add an "In My TINBOAT" to the board index so we can post them all there? Hopefully we will get more people posting if it's stuck on top for all to see?

Oh Jim.............. :D

Dave