New member and new to me '70 LoneStar

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Txpitdog

Reaction score
Howdy from Houston, TX. I have a great little boat I just picked up that I am really looking forward to using and tinkering on. It's a 1970 LoneStar 14ft semi-v jon boat in great condition. I've had far nicer, bigger, much much faster saltwater boats, but I've never been this excited. It's paid for, fits in my garage, has just enough seats for me and the kids, and it's simple. No lights or compartments or complicated steering linkage or trim/tilt to constantly repair.

Right now I have it set up with a 30# thrust Motor Guide and a 4hp Tohatsu. I have a 6hp carb on the way to give the motor a little more oomph, but we'll see how it does as is first. It came with a jack plate, which I think has the outboard up too high, but that can be taken off. Right now I just plan to enjoy it and fish it, but a buddy and I are working on a project to set it up with twin 6hp outboards, both tiller steer. It'll be a redneck especiale!

It's got oar locks, a little flow through bait/live well, and a drain. Some of the rivets have been siliconed, but it's a dry ride for now. Can't wait to fill it with catfish, crappie, and bass, and it'll be in plenty of pics with smiling kids and piles of fish in the very near future!

20130522_222412_zps74ce8598.jpg

I suppose the twin outboards will take a little fabrication, and the front has brackets to allow a deck to be put in and taken out. Maybe a little stereo at some point, and if I can find it a tiny bimini, but it'll be more of a convertible than a permanently modded rig

Latest posts