New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello I'm Ricky. I live in Magnolia, Texas and I just got back into fishing after a long absence. Picked up a used 16' Grumman w/ 25hp Johnson. I plan on rebuilding it. I like to do a lot of catfishing. We just make us some flagging jugs and had some fun with them. Besides fishing, hunting and shooting me and my son are into rc drag racing.

Hi to all;
Name is Jim, live outside Knoxville, fish Tellico Lake 99% of the time, troll for crappie 99% of the time and throw a worm the other 1%. Fished off and on for years, have a 04 PT 175, so don't plan on any mods like most of your guys do (overhauls??) but I do enjoy seeing the work done, maybe I can offer a suggestion sometime for someone. Might find a easy mod for my boat to make it better for me.

TNtroller said:
Hi to all;
Name is Jim, live outside Knoxville, fish Tellico Lake 99% of the time, troll for crappie 99% of the time and throw a worm the other 1%. Fished off and on for years, have a 04 PT 175, so don't plan on any mods like most of your guys do (overhauls??) but I do enjoy seeing the work done, maybe I can offer a suggestion sometime for someone. Might find a easy mod for my boat to make it better for me.

Hey Jim.....good to have you here. Nothing wrong with not having to mod your boat. I have done very little to my current tin. This is a great group....stick around...you'll see for yourself very quickly.

Welcome fellow Tracker owner. I've done a few things to my PT190TX, but as you know, a lot of stuff is already taken care of. When you say you are trolling, are you trolling lines behind you or doing the spider rigging approach?

I troll the lazy way, 2 rods max, one out each side, some may call it longlining, some tightlining. Have installed some drift master rod holders to make it even easier on me, still experimenting on their final location, just ordered another one, the small 2 rod T bar one with a temporay mount that attaches to a cleat. haven't had a chance to use it, just mounted it and seems like it will work for me, time will tell. I don't plan on doing any major mods or reworks on this boat, lucky enough to have garage space for it, so its still in good shape for an 04.

Have a question about the site itself. When I click on a thread, and read/enjoy the thread, and hit the back button to go back to the list of threads, it does not go back to the list, I have to select where I want to go next. Is this normal, or do I need to change my settings in someway. No other site I visit does this. Also, when I post a reply, the entire message disappears, and only the reply box is visible. Normal again?

TNtroller said:
Have a question about the site itself. When I click on a thread, and read/enjoy the thread, and hit the back button to go back to the list of threads, it does not go back to the list, I have to select where I want to go next. Is this normal, or do I need to change my settings in someway. No other site I visit does this. Also, when I post a reply, the entire message disappears, and only the reply box is visible. Normal again?

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining. When I hit the back button in any of my browsers (IE, Firefox, chrome, and safari) it brings me right back to the previous page I was on. So for example If I clicked on the "watering Hole" and then "member introductions", and Then hit the back button, it brings me right back to the watering hole. If I go 2 pages deep into the member intros and I hit the back button, it brings me to page one.

When posting a reply your message should be there unless I am not reading your statement correctly.

What operating system and browser Are you using?

Have you tried the same things on a different browser to see if it happens on both?

Let me know,
Jim

Jim said:
TNtroller said:

Thanks for joining. When I hit the back button in any of my browsers (IE, Firefox, chrome, and safari) it brings me right back to the previous page I was on. So for example If I clicked on the "watering Hole" and then "member introductions", and Then hit the back button, it brings me right back to the watering hole. If I go 2 pages deep into the member intros and I hit the back button, it brings me to page one.

If I use the back button, it still wants/requires me to "refresh" the screen, by asking if I want to resend all the info.

When posting a reply your message should be there unless I am not reading your statement correctly.

I finally found the "message I was repling to below the reply box, not above as on other forums" my bad.

What operating system and browser Are you using?
Windows Vista Home IE 7
Have you tried the same things on a different browser to see if it happens on both?
Not gonna load any other browers

Let me know,
Jim

I still have to "refresh the screen" or re-send the info when I want to back up (hitting the backspace arrow key) as it requests that I do. I am getting into the habit of just going to the board index linky and it works, but not what I'm accustomed to.

Not sure why it's behaving that way, but I highly recommend Firefox as a browser. Might take a day or two to get used to, but it was WAY worth it to me.

Hey ya'll, Chris here currently in Michigan originally from Illinois. Grew up on the river and can't much stand all these big lakes round here. Been Active Duty Army for the last 10 and half years and workin as a recruiter for 2 years now. My biggest hobby is my 17' 6" 1987 lowe commander, if it isn't fishing it's gettin some kind of upgrade or "re-upgrade" . The wife fixin to strangle me for all the $ I keep throwin into it but heck, boredome calls. My current new project is building a new center console with seat on the front "idea may have come from here" , removing 80% of the decking in the rear and rhino lining the entire inside(tired of carpet).

Hello, I live in w.central ohio around Indian Lake. I'm 58 and retired . I fish for just about every species we have locally. I also fish the Electric Bass Circuit with my son. We fish out of a 14ft. starcraft that we have converted to bass fish out of , by adding a deck and pedestal seats and live well.

Welcome aboard folks.

gouran01, Thank you for your service. :USA1:

bill, Great you get to compete with your son as a partner. I enjoy fishing the electric only reservoirs by me.

Welcome aboard Chris and Bill. Hang around and you'll certainly get a great ride with some of the best folk on the net!

thanks for the welcome. I"ve already seen some ways to redo some of the things we have done to our boat. hope to try them when not ice fishing this winter.

gouran01 said:
Hey ya'll, Chris here currently in Michigan originally from Illinois. Grew up on the river and can't much stand all these big lakes round here. Been Active Duty Army for the last 10 and half years and workin as a recruiter for 2 years now. My biggest hobby is my 17' 6" 1987 lowe commander, if it isn't fishing it's gettin some kind of upgrade or "re-upgrade" . The wife fixin to strangle me for all the $ I keep throwin into it but heck, boredome calls. My current new project is building a new center console with seat on the front "idea may have come from here" , removing 80% of the decking in the rear and rhino lining the entire inside(tired of carpet).
Aboard fellow michigander.

Hello everyone,
I have actually been on here for a week or two. I made a post or two as well and then I saw this and thought maybe it would be more polite to introduce myself before jumping right in...I apologize if I ofended anyone by doing that. It seems like a very nice and friendly group from what I have read. My name is Michael and I am in South Central PA, around the Harrisburg area. We have several small lakes close by plus the Susquehanna river. I used to fish when I was a kid and recently started over after many years...decades...uh a really long time. I got a really good deal on a Tracker Grizly 1648 and I have a MinnKota 50# thrust motor. Can't afford a outboard yet. I love looking at the mods all you guys have done. When the weather gets warm again I am going to use some of those ideas. I will try not to bother you guys with too many questions because I am telling you -- I might be old but I am a wet behind the ears novice. This is my first boat ever and I have so much to learn about fishing too but I would rather be out fishing than do ANYTHING else. Thanks.

Happy to have you here BassGeek...For the record....nobody is too old to enjoy fishing and no question is too stupid to ask.