New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Live in southern Indiana. Not to far from the Louisville Ky border. Not been a boat owner or serious about fishing for several years. Bought an old 16' Sears(i think). Been stalking the site for ways to tinker with it. You fellars are great, and have some really cool ideas. Thank you for sharing.

Lonny

Just bought my first boat 16x48 Jon all it has right now is a 55 pound thrust trolling motor. Glad I found this great site.

24Vford said:
Just bought my first boat 16x48 Jon all it has right now is a 55 pound thrust trolling motor. Glad I found this great site.

That's a great size for a boat. You're going to love it. Welcome to TinBoats! You're going to love it here too! :LOL2:

hello eveyone! my name is beau. i just found this site, and i'm excited to find a group of guys that have the passion for modifying cool stuff. presently i'm a member of a local jeep club(and web forum), where we modify jeeps. i'm looking forward to doing this to a jon boat. i have struck a deal with a guy locally, to pick up a 14' flat bottom tomorrow. it is a 94 model, w/ a 94 evinrude 20 hp. i'm looking forward to the build, as much as i am fishing. this is going to be interesting!

Hey Rock....we love that you're here. Welcome!

We also love pictures. Care to share any from your jeep.....we'd like that too!

i was looking thru my pics, and having trouble finding the re-sized pics. here's one.

Attachments

• MSJ Avatar 1.jpg
    MSJ Avatar 1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 658
thanks for the welcome. i'm really looking forward to picking up my boat tomorrow. i cant wait for the new addiction to begin. i'm sure i'll be looking to you guys for a bit of advice and direction.

:WELCOME: Rock!

Nice Jeep!

I told my wife I am having a mid-life crisis at 39 and that I need to find my youth again. I asked her if I could buy this jeep......

Attachments

• JimsDream.jpg
    JimsDream.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 655
i think i may have been born with a mid-life crisis, but i did notice a increase in crisis activity around the age of 39. i'm 42 now and knee deep in it... thanks for the welcome! i hope the wife said yes on the jeep purchase! :beer:

Well it is final. Joined tinboats three days ago, and my dream of owning my first boat came true Tuesday. I believe I got a good deal on this boat. It's a 16.5' EdoCraft aluminum jon boat with a pretty well installed what I am going to call a fishing deck on the front. I have the for sale picture attached but will download my newer ones later. Came with two fairly new trolling motors, a Mariner 25hp motor which needs a carburetor rebuilt (wonder how much that will set me back), and trailer. Paid $1200 for the whole package.
The only drawback is that the trailer seams to be a little short for the boat. When I hooked the boat up to my vehicle I noticed that there is only about 18" of clearance from the front of the boat to the back of my jeep. If I turn farther than 45 degrees the boat comes really close to hitting my Jeep. Looks like I will be adding an extension to the tongue somehow. Anyhow, excited as crap along with my 13 yr old son about tinkering with our toy.
Later,
Steve S

Attachments

• 5Le5Ia5G53Kf3Ma3L4c3n26647536b094149c.jpg
    5Le5Ia5G53Kf3Ma3L4c3n26647536b094149c.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 650
  • 5F85H85Ma3K93I33J1c3n369d2a0cb9e9111b.jpg
    5F85H85Ma3K93I33J1c3n369d2a0cb9e9111b.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 650
  • 5Ge5K65Me3Gc3L23Jcc3n19eb72d04e97122a.jpg
    5Ge5K65Me3Gc3L23Jcc3n19eb72d04e97122a.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 650
Rock said:
i think i may have been born with a mid-life crisis.....
:beer:

I think that is probly the best way to describe my condition as well.

Same here! Just turned fifty, went from racing XC mountain bikes to trolling around lakes and ponds enjoying what life remains. A darn good way to finish out! If this is what a mid life crisis is I'm ready for another one. :p

Not only have I served a awesome country.
I serve an awesome god!!!

Latest posts