New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, David. I'm south of you, on the Fla coast. You'll find answers to just about any question you may have, here. And LOTS of ideas! These guys like pictures. Oh...don't get sucked into the Ahab/BA debate. Just read them and grin. :|

Welcome aboard Jmpatterson, when you get a minute complete your profile so we know what part of the world you live in. You may have a TinBoat neighbor.

Welcome to the site, and good luck with your future projects.

HI!!! Im Dave from NW Pennsylvania. Just bought my first boat last spring. 14' Smokercraft Voyager deep v. Looking forward to picking other members brains about setting my boat up.

New B here! What a GREAT site! I just bought my 1st "Tin Boat" last summer. An older 14' StarCraft shallow V. Have a nice 1 owner 1972 25hp Johnson Sea horse to put on it from a pontoon boat I used to have.I haven't had it in the water yet. I was working way to many hours . Well new job now, and am looking forward to doing some work on my boat and getting it in the water as soon as this weather breaks. I have been lurking in the Boat projects section for a while now. You guys have done some amazing rebuilds! I have got some great ideas from there. Any way, I just wanted to say hello! 8)

Another new guy here. Great site! Never dreamed of all the cool stuff you can do to a little tin boat til I started looking at this forum.

Hello all, another newbie here... I have been doing a lot of research for my boat online and came across this forum for a lot of the answers so I figured I may as well join in.

I have a 1989 Alumacraft Super Bandit with 1987 Yamaha 70. there were a few things I wanted to do to it but now after reading several of the projects on here I think I want to tackle the whole thing.

I do not have any pictures of it at the moment. I am on my last month in Afghanistan and look forward to getting home and starting on this. I will post pics when I get home and get some.

I do not believe I have any major structural issues with my boat but I do know it has at least one leak which I am sure has also caused the normal water logged foam. Something I would have never thought about without this sight!

Looking forward to getting home, getting started and sharing my progress!!

does anyone know of the boat basskota profisherman sv-17?
i cant find any info. im thinking of buying 1, but i dont like to buy something without doing my homework.
i cant find anything on this boat. please help!

Hi, I am back in the tin boat business after a 12 year hiatus. My current ride is a 2014 Lowe 1860 Roughneck center console with a 115 Merc Optimax with a jet foot on it. My kids and I will use it mainly for fishing and waterfowl hunting the Snake River in SW Idaho. Not Hells Canyon [-X . I put a Minn Kota trolling motor on the bow this weekend and am looking forward to doing some mods to it like sonar, LED lights, spotlights, etc.

Hi I am new here but have been a lurker for a while. Last summer I picked up an old (and in rough shape) 10' jon boat. I did a lot of work on it last year and still have a few more things to do.
I had it out on several small lakes and rivers in both NJ and NY last fall. It's the perfect 1 man car topper. I am using a Minn Kota trolling motor but I picked up an Eska 3 hp I'm currently working on.
I just wanted to say thanks for having this site. :D

Just joined based on some pretty good recommendations from other members. I have 2 tin boat restore projects going at the same time ,
1984 Bass Attacker with a 55hp Nissan and a 12' Landau flat bottom. Looking forward to learning from the info on the site and sharing my projects with others.
A little about me;
Names Rick , US Army Artillery Veteran from SW VA/East Tn area . 43 and Engaged to the Love of my life and fishing buddy Tammy. 4 kids between us . GM Gold Level Master Auto Technician , I work for a Chevy GMC Dealership doing a little bit of everything but mostly diagnostics , engine rebuilds and repair and chassis/Alignment issues. My main boat is a 98 518 Comanche/200EFI Merc combo.
Avid clawhammer Banjo picker and collector.

Hi! TB family,

I am a newbie... :mrgreen: don't know how to send pics, post or do to much of anything in the TB forum but read threads. So, I decided to jump in and learn as I go. One thing for sure so many of you have been very helpful in helping others succeed in their Mod process and many questions.
I am a 43 year old God fearing man, Married with 3 children, I served as a federal officer U.S Pentagon, I am currently a security IT Officer. I love outdoor everything, Motor cycles, four wheelers, Tin boats, fishing (just learning) I will try anything once with some exceptions, a serious stunt king, I like to laugh and make others roll on the floor laughing in tears.
"LIFE IS GOOD AND WHAT IS NOT GOOD WILL BE GOOD"

12' Sea king project coming up!!!! :D

I plan on making this a project for my 11 year old and myself.
I recently purchased a 12' Sea King and trailer W/ (3) motors- Cruise N Carry 2.7 horse, 3.3 horse Mercury, 5.5 horse Ted Williams all for $400 and I was told the Cruise N Carry ran the last time it was used back in 2005. The mercury was dropped in the water trying to mount it on the transom and the T. Williams need minor work done. I followed a couple of the threads coming from TB and was able to get the Cruise n Carry running; just by cleaning the carb and spark plug. :D

Once I learn how to post and download pics I will show them.

Hello all, another newbie here... Brian from Dayton, WA here in the great Northwest!

I recently acquired a 1967 StarCraft 14' Aluminum Deep V and have been doing a lot of research for ideas online I came across this forum and found a wealth of great ideas for modifications and improvements, so I figured I may as well join in the fun and share my journey! The boat came on a 1961 Trailer that I was however worried it might fall apart before I got it home, but I made it, so trailer will require a lot of work but I’m looking forward to it, the boat came with decking and console the previous owner installed but was completely rotted out and falling apart seller stated it had been parked outside uncovered for the last few years. I have already removed the rotten wood and carpet and gutted and cleaned it out. I am now ready to utilize all your great ideas to formulate a plan for my now blank slate. I have a 20 Hp Mariner and an electric Minn-Kota I will be equipping it with off a previous boat I had parted with. I look forward to keeping you all up to date and discussing ideas and questions as my project progresses.

Cheers :D

Latest posts