New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flatlands of central Illinois here....Ogden to be exact....15 miles dead head west of Champaign/Urbana....home of the Fighting Illini

honers said:
flatlands of central Illinois here....Ogden to be exact....15 miles dead head west of Champaign/Urbana....home of the Fighting Illini

Hey Honers, welcome aboard - add your location to your profile so we all know where you're from when you make posts....

:WELCOME:

FishingCop said:
honers said:

Hey Honers, welcome aboard - add your location to your profile so we all know where you're from when you make posts....

I agree.This has helped a lot of people with specific questions that may pertain to your area.It helped me.

Arkansas, four aluminum boats. 170 Lowe riveted bass boat 90 hp Johnson. 22 Ft Monarch riveted river jon, 15 hp Merc Sees lots of time on the Whtie River in Arkansas, a go 14ft Aluminum for standby and a Lowe 17 ft canoe.

Am rebuilding the Monarch 22ft jon, the river tends to rip rivets out fo an replacing neeeded ones and steel flex the complete bottom. Since the river is cold water 48F year round I also have a bilge pump to pump out the condisation.

Heres my Buddy Buster just off White River a couple months ago.
BusterII007.jpg

BusterandJohnWRtrout010.jpg

Me in the back on fine summer day.
003.jpg

My wife one winter day two years ago.
004-1.jpg

We use the boat almost weekly and many times two or three times a week.

We have had everything motor wise from a 25Hp Yamaha 4 stroke to the 15 Hp Mer 4 stroke and even a 9.8 Merc two stroke
The 25 was sweet and fast, but to heavy. 9.8 was old and wornout, so now the 15 ele. start is so sweet and fuel stingeee.

John

Welcome, nice looking boats & fishe :)

Do us a favor and go to your profile and put in your location - it helps a lot with members knowing your location.

Peoria Illinois.

Boats that I currently own -
14' V hull that I bought when I was in 7th grade and still own (I'm currently 27)
Lowe 1652vt bought new in 2002 - currently has a 40 merc, tiller with a hydraulic jack, 6" tunnel, and flotation pods
15' poly canoe bought new in 2005
1436 that was given to me. Mainly used as a layout boat for duck hunting some of the smaller holes around
24' plate boat that I hand built the winter of '07 thru summer of '08 with a suzuki DT140 on the back. I designed the boat to float 10,000 lbs of fish along with the motor, 3-4 guys, fuel, and nets

Hey guys newbie here just making an introduction. I've been "lurking" for about a week now and figured I'd go ahead and join up. I live in Fredericktown, OH with my beautiful wife and our 1 1/2 yr. old male yellow lab. I have a 1971 14' Sea King (by Montgomery Ward) flat bottom jon, homemade trailer, 30# Minn Kota, 5.5 Ted Williams outboard. My boat is super shallow and very narrow. I've owned the boat for about 3 or 4 years now. The boat has mostly been used as a utility boat for duck hunting/fishing. The boat is too narrow to deck so the only mod I've done so far is add some nice high back bass seats for comfort.

=D> This site is great and I've really enjoyed killing time at work checking out everyones boat mods. =D> Are there any other duck hunters on here? I'd love to see some duck boat mods!

radiorob said:
Hey guys newbie here just making an introduction. I've been "lurking" for about a week now and figured I'd go ahead and join up. I live in Fredericktown, OH with my beautiful wife and our 1 1/2 yr. old male yellow lab. I have a 1971 14' Sea King (by Montgomery Ward) flat bottom jon, homemade trailer, 30# Minn Kota, 5.5 Ted Williams outboard. My boat is super shallow and very narrow. I've owned the boat for about 3 or 4 years now. The boat has mostly been used as a utility boat for duck hunting/fishing. The boat is too narrow to deck so the only mod I've done so far is add some nice high back bass seats for comfort.

=D> This site is great and I've really enjoyed killing time at work checking out everyones boat mods. =D> Are there any other duck hunters on here? I'd love to see some duck boat mods!

Thanks for joining! :beer:

Got plenty of Duck guys here!

Hello, I thought I would let you guys know that I just found this site and I love it. I live in western Oklahoma in the small town of Custer. I have a few small to medium sized farm ponds that I catch mostly large mouth bass and crappie out of. I have a 1952 14ft. larson that I mostly use around here to pond hop with. We also will take it out once or twice a year to Ft Cobb lake to catch some Blue cat on jugs. You guys have built some awsome rigs and have a ton of good information. I will get some pictures of my rig in a day or two. I call my boat the (TITANIC II) they are close to the same age. I have done a few mods on it allready but I will be doing some more on it this winter.

doublej said:
Hello, I thought I would let you guys know that I just found this site and I love it. I live in western Oklahoma in the small town of Custer. I have a few small to medium sized farm ponds that I catch mostly large mouth bass and crappie out of. I have a 1952 14ft. larson that I mostly use around here to pond hop with. We also will take it out once or twice a year to Ft Cobb lake to catch some Blue cat on jugs. You guys have built some awsome rigs and have a ton of good information. I will get some pictures of my rig in a day or two. I call my boat the (TITANIC II) they are close to the same age. I have done a few mods on it allready but I will be doing some more on it this winter.

Thanks for joining! :beer:

Hello Everyone from Durant Ok. My tinny is a 1974 14' Duracraft. I have found tons a usefull info on the site. Thanks to everyone who contributed their build.