New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FLINT TEXAS is my home. I have been fishing for bass since I was about `12-13 Lake Quitman was just down the road I would load up Dads flat bottom boat, drive the 54 ford pickup to the lake, unload and fish till dark. On September 15 2000 I sold my 20 foot Nitro and have not been fishing since. I have missed fishing so much The past three years I have looked for the right boat Not wanting the fiberglass high preformance again I finally found a Xpress about two weeks ago. I am now repairing every thing putting in new carpet and just getting it ready for the water.
Can not wait to finish the project and get on the water again. Lake Palestine and Lake Tyler are just about 15 minutes from the house AND Lake Fork is only one hour from the house.

At present I am trying to decide do I wait carpet or use the new spray in liner..

I have three dogs Star a brittany that was seen on CBS Greatest American Dog Lucille a border collie that does agility and then Maggie a b/c that is my herding freek.

Dont know which one will be riding in the boat with me.??

billandstar

Welcome aboard...Must of been tough not fishing since 2000 I know I miss it when I don't fish for 4 or 5 days... Can't even image it for 9 yrs...Good luck with the new boat and you'll love your xpress boat I do mine...Sounds like you have some super water too fish also ... God be with you and yours...JIGGY

Jim said:
I have none really around here, mine are all down the cape. I have a crawdad though and will travel. We should hit some holes before the snow comes.

I might head out tomorrow if I can the front deck done for my bow mount trolling motor. I'll probably just temporarily put something in place so I can get out one more time before it gets too cold. Tomorrow looks like it'll be warm but windy. I have a 14ft vhull aluminum.

Wow, thought I already posted here..maybe not....anyway... :roll:

Racine WI. = S.E. Wisconsin = about 30 miles south of Milwaukee...on Lake Michigan. I am on the map...

Fish Lake Michgan for perch, trout, and salmon. Fish all of Wisconsin for everything else...

1992 16ft Smokercraft Pro Mag - 50 HP. Merc - All mint condition
Pre 1972 Monark 1444 Jon boat - Modified Vee - 15 hp Evinrude - boat needs work - diamond in the rough....

Monarkman said:
Wow, thought I already posted here..maybe not....anyway... :roll:

Racine WI. = S.E. Wisconsin = about 30 miles south of Milwaukee...on Lake Michigan. I am on the map...

Fish Lake Michgan for perch, trout, and salmon. Fish all of Wisconsin for everything else...

1992 16ft Smokercraft Pro Mag - 50 HP. Merc - All mint condition
Pre 1972 Monark 1444 Jon boat - Modified Vee - 15 hp Evinrude - boat needs work - diamond in the rough....

WOW ! Been there .... Done that.
When I was stationed in Chicago ... I had a friend stationed with me who was born and raised in Racine .... and his friends Dad ran a fishing charter boat there in Racine .... and we would go out about 12 miles in the morning and get the 30+ pound Lake Trout .... come back in the shallows early afternoon for the Raonbows & Brown Trout ... and a good time was had by all.

Hello, I'm about 40 posts too late to post on this thread :D My name is James and I live in St. George, UT. It's in the southwest corner on the borders of Nevada and Arizona.

I grew up in Nebraska, and lived on a lake full of Walleye, Crappie, and White bass. Needless to say after moving here, my fishing style has changed greatly, mainly not catching as many fish :)

This is a great area though, being a short distance from Lake Powell and Mead. When it's too hot here, we can go up in the mountain lakes and catch huge Rainbows, which are very close also. I am definitely in the learning stages. It's like learning how to fish all over.

I'm also late, but only a few posts too late!

I just moved to Lake in the Hills, IL from Elk Grove Village, IL.

I have been fishing sporatically, but I just moved close to the Fox River, and across the street from a lake, and thought I would build a fishing boat.

So after looking on this sight for a couple weeks, and reading the insight into the sizes, I bought a 14' Sears Gamefisher Flat Bottom Jon Boat. It came with a 9.9hp Johnson, and a 36lb trolling.

Decided to add decking and storage, should be a fun project. Here is my project thread

Hopewell Cape, New Brunswick, Canada. I am retired from the canadian airforce after serving 31 years. I retired in 1996 at age 50 :mrgreen: I have now been retired 13 yrs and loving it. I like fishing smbass, trout, pickeral, stripers and muskies and also icefishing. I just bought a 2009 Lowe,A1667 and have a 9.8 hp Tohatsu for a pusher (like to have a 20hp tiller) I also have a 16' Grumman V hull which requires lots of work (1980's model) I will be scouring the site to get ideas for repairs and upgrades. Looking forward to meeting some new fishermen and do it your selfers.

casey10 said:
Hopewell Cape, New Brunswick, Canada. I am retired from the canadian airforce after serving 31 years. I retired in 1996 at age 50 :mrgreen: I have now been retired 13 yrs and loving it. I like fishing smbass, trout, pickeral, stripers and muskies and also icefishing. I just bought a 2009 Lowe,A1667 and have a 9.8 hp Tohatsu for a pusher (like to have a 20hp tiller) I also have a 16' Grumman V hull which requires lots of work (1980's model) I will be scouring the site to get ideas for repairs and upgrades. Looking forward to meeting some new fishermen and do it your selfers.

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining! :beer: