New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome aboard Vincent! Wow...Holland...how cool is this. Can't wait to hear about the fish you catch there. Want to see pictures okay?
So glad you found us and welcome to the family!

We are quickly becoming TinBoats.net INTERNATIONAL!

My name is Kevin I am 27 and I just found this awesome website. Just bought my first jonboat (Sears Gamefisher 1232) and I reside in the great state of GEORGIA!

Welcome aboard Kevin. There are quite a few GA boys on here.

Hello to all. I found this site a few days ago while researching my new toy. I'm from mid-michigan. I got home about an hour ago from picking up a never registered 09 Grizzly 1448 SC. I am sky high, and it's great that there's a site like this. I'm sure I'll learn alot here.

Masonbulldog....Welcome to the family. I think you're going to like it here. If you have any questions.....the search function is a great start. If you can't find something..please don't hesitate to ask. :WELCOME:

Hi all! Just wanted to interduce myself. My profile says Northern Ontario Canada, more specifically the Manitoulin Island (look to the north part of Lake Huron). Found the site doing a search for Jon boat mods, got some people here with some real talent. I run a Lowe 170W with a 115 Johnnie and while it works well its a premanufactured creation and lacks some of the custom features, hence my search for Jon boat mods. I don't intend to modify my current boat would rather start from scratch. I'm finding some of the mods on this site very interesting and inspiring, lots of creativity here.

Great site!

Steve

Hey guys! I just joined the site a few minutes ago. I saw a video of jon boat conversions with this website info on it on youtube. I am really excited to be on here. I have a 1976 Alumnacraft 14' V that I will be working on this year. My goal is to make it into a full layout boat for waterfowl hunting and a full deck for bowfishing. Got a lot of great ideas from you all already and can't wait to get started. Good luck all. I will be posting again soon! :D

IndyWingmaster said:
Hey guys! I just joined the site a few minutes ago. I saw a video of jon boat conversions with this website info on it on youtube. I am really excited to be on here. I have a 1976 Alumnacraft 14' V that I will be working on this year. My goal is to make it into a full layout boat for waterfowl hunting and a full deck for bowfishing. Got a lot of great ideas from you all already and can't wait to get started. Good luck all. I will be posting again soon! :D

Hey IndyWingmaster....welcome to TinBoats and the family. I think you're going to love it here. If you can't find what you are looking for don't hesitate to ask. We love pictures, and, if you get a chance, put your location in your profile. We like to know about what part of the world you're coming from too. Again...welcome!

Masonbulldog said:
Hello to all. I found this site a few days ago while researching my new toy. I'm from mid-michigan. I got home about an hour ago from picking up a never registered 09 Grizzly 1448 SC. I am sky high, and it's great that there's a site like this. I'm sure I'll learn alot here.

Welcome to the board, I live up near the career center let me know if you wanna go fishing some time.

Hey guys. Just separated from the air force about a year ago, just recently purchased a coleman crawdad 11 footer. got some plans for it, will post as soon as i get er done. born and raised in the st. louis area. happy to be here...

Attachments

• n1456819238_30038491_2912.jpg
    n1456819238_30038491_2912.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_20110211_132139 (1).jpg
    IMG_20110211_132139 (1).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 356
Welcome KevinM

There is a few Crawdad builds on the site - one by NicD that was really well done

Use teh search feature and you shall find these to.

Hey Kevin....welcome to TinBoats. Sounds like we grew up in the same place, but I was probably a few years ahead of you. I'm still in St. Louis (Fenton). If you ever get up this way....let me know. I'd be happy to take you out for the day.....and thanks for your service! :USA1:

So, I completely forgot to post on this thread...but I have been running off at the mouth on other threads :lol:

I copied this from another site, because I think it pretty much sums things up...I guess I'm plagiarizing myself ;)

Yup, GeorgiaKen, but in Philly...it's a long story, but my wife's from Georgia and I'll be moving there within a year or two...

I've been fishing for a little over a year, but I got it bad...my buddy took me smallmouth fishing during my bachelor party/camping trip. I've been fishing ever since.

I own a Ranger Cherokee 116 with a 90/65 (recently bought). My previous rig was a 14ft Lowe Roughneck with a 20hp Merc on it.

2010 was incredible! It was my first year fishing, but the PBs were real nice...

Migrating River Striper 31" and I caught a tagged striper (hat and certificate)
Largemouth 22 inches
Smallmouth 19 inches
Walleye 27 inches
Chain pickeral 22 inches
Yellow perch 2 lbs
Bluegill 8 inches

I even hooked into a tiger musky while bass fishing. When he got back to the boat, I just looked at him, like, so what am I supposed to do with him? After about 15-30 seconds of doing nothing, he thrashed enough to break the line...I figured, by the time I get my grips, he'll be gone anyway...

So, 2010 was incredible...had a great newbie year...I'm real pumped!

I spend at least 20-30 hours fishing a week between late Febraury and November. I spend about that much time reading and watching videos on the internet as well. I try and learn as much as I possibly can...

I have Kistler Helium II rods and Quantum PT Tour reels...I kind of got hooked on those two brands.

Hopefully I can learn a lot here and contribute some too...

Welcome aboard GeorgiaKen, Happy to have you aboard! :LOL2:

You have to be careful....around here, we don't take it lightly when someone plagiarizes themselves. That's punishable by big time sarcasm! :mrgreen:

fender66 said:
Welcome aboard GeorgiaKen, Happy to have you aboard! :LOL2:

You have to be careful....around here, we don't take it lightly when someone plagiarizes themselves. That's punishable by big time sarcasm! :mrgreen:

HAHAHAHAHA

I never know what to write in the "about me" section of any website, so that seemed to fit the bill...

I've been lurking on this site since July 2010...when I bought my first boat. I love the threads...I have spent hours reading about different people's builds etc...and that was before joining.

Great site...

Hi everyone,

My name is Andy and I am new here. I bought 2 old Jon boats early on in 2009. 1 is a 12 ft and the other is a 10ft. I bought the smaller one for my son and stepson (who are now 16) so they could get out with me and my fishin buds. We try to go out every weekend when the weather is ok. I only have a 28 lb thrust elec. trolling motor on the bigger boat, the smaller is still rowed for now. We want to start modifying them to better suit our needs and was happy to find this forum and all the pics and breakdowns of your members boats. So this spring we will start to do some mods and hopefully finish a lil each week, still not 100% on what I will do to mine as of yet, so any and all ideas are very welcome!!! Looking forward to chattin with some if not most of the members.

Andy
A.K.A. mtrmouth24 (as you can tell from my post here)

Latest posts