New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh whoops....guess I missed that I had already posted in here....you have to excuse me.... #-o

Hello all,

My name is Mike. I'm from south Mississippi. I have a 14' flat bottom w/ 8hp evinrude. I heard about this forum and came here just to get a few ideas for my boat. Read for a little while and realized this place is slap full of great info. Everybody seems to be nice and more than willing to help. I've been wanting to do a few things to my boat but I use it so much that I'm affraid to start on it. I guess now would be a good time sense my motor is down.

Hey welcome Mike. This is a great place to get ideas for your mod and as a master of dumb questions I can assure you these guys are very kind and helpful. join in the fun and enjoy!

:WELCOME:

After lurking for a couple days I guess I better introduce myself. I'm active duty military and I'm currently deployed. I have my Grandfather's 1961 14' Alumacraft Semi V that I want to turn into a winter project for my son and I. I've already learned a great deal, and I can't wait to learn more. Thanks for the opportunity, and I look forward to contributing what I can.

:WELCOME: aboard drillagent, and thank you for your service!

:USA1:

My name is Adrian I recently purchased a 14 foot v hull Microcraft with a 15 hp evinrude motor. I have started to add a wood deck to it strong enough to support one who is large. I have also added a 50lb trolling motor man that thing is nice even in the ocean but the manatees still outrun me in a sprint. I have been getting ideas from the forum but just finally joined.

Hi all.
My name's Dave and I'm hailing from Montana. A long time trout and steelhead bum, I got married recently and need to keep my meanderings much closer to home. Since the trout fishing isn't what it is here in Whitefish as it is in the rest of Montana, I've moved on to chasing pike and bass (which is what my corner in Montana has a lot of). I'm gonna stick with the flyrods, but I'm gonna park the driftboat for a bit and have just purchased a welded Alumacraft 1448 with a 2 stroke Mercury 10hp. I plan on putting in a full casting deck and run the lower Flathead River to crawl up the sloughs and fish for the spineys.
Thanks for having me!

Hello everyone. My name is John. Im from western Oklahoma. I am a lineman for a rural electric company out here in the western part of the state. One of the guys I work with told me about this site and got me started on my first build. I hope to have some pic posted on it before long. Its a 1232 delhi jon boat. I mostly fish with jugs on Fort cobb lake here on okla. Thanks for the great work everyone does on their builds. It has been a big help on my project.

Hello everyone,
My name is Russ from CT. I just bight my first boat Sunday and discovered this forum, which I'm now addicted to, lol. Its a 12' gamefisher and that's all I know. I paid 500 for the boat,a trolling motor, and a trailer. I hope I did alright. I'm looking for any advice on what I can and should do to this boat. I'd love to do some sick stuff like some of you guys have done. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

uploadfromtaptalk1304643427055.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Shoot I'm sorry I screwed that up I'm not used to uploading pics with tapatalk. Here's the other one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1304643616613.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1304643616613.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 520
Hi Everyone
Thanks to tin boat forum I have found alot of interesting info.
My name is Phil I'm 63 this month I live in Greenfield In just outside Indianapolisl I have just got my1st boat last summer and my 1st motor.
That is 1959 Johnson sea horse 10 hp. As of yet i have got to hear it run due to pressure tank "needs work."
And thanks tin boat and all you great members I think I can make that happen.
I'm sure I will make a few mistakes and want all you to know that given a little understanding and help I wil try be as helpful as most of you veterans.

Fish N Phil said:
Hi Everyone
Thanks to tin boat forum I have found alot of interesting info.
My name is Phil I'm 63 this month I live in Greenfield In just outside Indianapolisls I have just got my1st boat last summer andme 1st motor.
That is Johnson sea horse 10 hp. As of yet i have got to hear it run due to pressure tank needs work.
And thanks tin boatboat and all you great members I think I can make that happen.
I'm sure I will make a few mistakes and want all you to know that given a little understanding and help I will be as helpful as most of you veterans.
You can do a fuel pump conversion on your motor. Then you can use a single line fuel tank and hose.