New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fender,
actually my friend and I are planning on modifying his aluminum v boat, so im really excited for that. i've been looking at the gallery and have some great ideas for it. hopefully we can start on it within a couple of weeks and get some photos up!
well anyway thanks for the warm welcome!!!!! :D

New member; just wanted to compliment you guys on a great site and community. =D> =D> =D>

I just got back in a tin boat (87 Lund Mr Pike) after a 12 year break from aluminums to glass. Worst mistake I ever did was move from aluminum....spent more time polishing my Stratos than fishing in it! The Lund I picked up is in pretty good shape and I plan on modding it which lead me here! My boat prior to the glass was a 14' rowboat that I modded with decks, storage, live well so I am no stranger to messing with Tin.

Lotta great info here for mods, thanks again all.

Tom

Slypike said:
New member; just wanted to compliment you guys on a great site and community. =D> =D> =D>

I just got back in a tin boat (87 Lund Mr Pike) after a 12 year break from aluminums to glass. Worst mistake I ever did was move from aluminum....spent more time polishing my Stratos than fishing in it! The Lund I picked up is in pretty good shape and I plan on modding it which lead me here! My boat prior to the glass was a 14' rowboat that I modded with decks, storage, live well so I am no stranger to messing with Tin.

Lotta great info here for mods, thanks again all.

Tom

Hey Tom....happy to have you as part to the TinBoat family. We love pics, so remember to take and share lots of them.

Just joined the site the other day. Glad to be here.

I am 46 years old and reside in the heartland of KY near Elizabethtown. I work in material control in a manufacturing plant that makes brakes. Married since 1988 and have 3 kids living at home ages 11, 14, and 17.

I enjoy bowhunting and bowfishing with a traditional longbow and recurve bow. We own a 1980, 1648 Lowe flat bottom jon boat powered by a 1980 Mercury 25 HP OB motor with tiller steering and a Minn Kota 55 lb. thrust hand operated trolling motor mounted on the bow. Acquired this boat around the year 1995. Currently working to modify it into a more "comfortable" boat. Been a great boat!

Hey guys my name is Tim and I just bought a 1648 grizzly jon with 25hp yamaha tiller. I plan on doing some mods (floors, gunwales, etc.) and I am so glad I found this site. There are some great looking boats on here and I am already getting some ideas on what I want to do. I will post some pics of the boat when I get home.

New member here just joined today , have owned a few tin boats so far but just picked up another the other day and boy is this gonna be a project and half. :LOL2: :LOL2:

I'm from Mid/West Tennessee , love to fish and hunt . Thanks for a great site.

Hey everybody, my name is Rusty,
Been lurking for a while but just decided to join yesterday. I work for an Iraqi transportation company in southern Iraq; My Job is to manage the movement of cargo for the DOD (but I’m not a Fed/US. Employee). Our company is closing in Dec. so I hope to be home then. I’m thinking about taking next year off and getting my Masters of Arts but we’ll see when I get home, if a good job comes up, I’ll probably take it.
I’m retired from the U.S. Coast Guard and believe me, after 21 years of working on boats, all I want is a JON BOAT, maybe... and I mean maybe a Carolina skiff in future, One thing I believe about boats, the simpler the better!
I have a 1955 Starcraft that is similar to a J12 model made today. The boat was in great shape until last year, I put a 4 stroke 8hp on her and it was too much weight for the transom so now she’s leaking, this has made me decide to redo the whole boat when I come home
In June I came home for 25 days, as soon I got home I purchased a alumacraft 1448 standard Jon, I put the same 8hp on her, and it did ok, but with a full load 4 adults and lawn chairs, she wouldn’t plane out, so I restored a 15hp 2 stroke Johnson, bad thing is, I left back for Iraq 3 days before it was finished, so I haven’t got to try it yet, the wife says it’s great.
My plan is to repair my 55 starcraft and put the Johnson on her (yea way to much hp I know) and then buy a new 25hp Yamaha electric start for my alumacraft.
Btw, I live in Metter Ga. While I was home I thought about trying to put together a Jon boat Jamboree and run the Cannochee River down to the Ogeechee, but the river was just too low. Don’t know if people on this site ever do stuff like that or not. Yall take it easy
Rusty

Attachments

• motor4.jpg
    motor4.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 698
Hey Rusty....welcome to TinBoats and thank you for your service. :USA1:

Sounds like you have a lot of boating experience already. Happy to have you on board. Stay safe and come home soon! The fish are waiting. :LOL2:

Howdy all, My names Doug and am currently roasting here in NE Oklahoma. Been "lurking" around here a while and figured it was time to sign on. Currently still employed and hope to call it quits in a few more yrs. In the mean time have several points of interest I'm woking at and a "Tinboat " happens to be one of them. I'll proably get the most questions asked award for the year. I have been really impressed with the craftsmanship shown here on the various boats. SO Hi! Doug

Hey Doug.....welcome to TinBoats...and bring on those questions.

Remember...the search function in the upper right hand corner works wonders too. :LOL2:

Hey guys.. been here a cple days now.. just came across this thread.

Im up in MN, I primarily run and fish the Mississippi.

:beer: :beer:

Latest posts