New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm here and glad I found this board, A rich source of information for sure. :shock:

Recently moved down from Maine where I fished the Kennebec and Androscogin rivers for Smallies and stripers. Fished all over for trout. Fly fish and tie my own flies. Like to fish ultra light spin and bait cast for the big ones. Registered Maine Guide.

I'll be posting pictures of my boat once I find where they should go.

(I claim the 1000 th reply as to this thread as mine... =D> )

Looking forward to contributing and learning.

><{{ Mud ){('>
<")}((( Fish ))}}><

Galatia, IL.

Ill play. Im Javier, 19 will be 20 this Christmas eve. Born and raised in Tampa Florida. Anything else, just ask. Nice meeting all of you. I cant wait until I get another jon boat to mod, I would do the 12 ft I have but it is way too small for me !

V8_TITAN said:
Ill play. Im Javier, 19 will be 20 this Christmas eve. Born and raised in Tampa Florida. Anything else, just ask. Nice meeting all of you. I cant wait until I get another jon boat to mod, I would do the 12 ft I have but it is way too small for me !

Hey Javier....glad you decided to play. :wink: Welcome aboard.

Hey guys! Just joined after lurking for about a month. I'm from the Anniston/Oxford area of the great state of Alabama. I do know how to spell and read properly, if you can believe it. I've been fishing saltwater down in Florida for many years, and the extent of my freshwater fishing has been catching a buzz while trying to catch a catfish. But, recently went bassin' and realized that they fight alot like the saltwater fish I'm used to, and now I'm hooked! Bought a terribly old 14 foot super wide Crestliner about a month ago, and I've been painting it, and watersealing the benches. It'll be ready for the lake this weekend! I plan on modding it once it's too cold to fish it this year. I've been addicted to this site ever since I stumbled upon it. All this information probably shouldn't be free!

V8_TITAN said:
Thanks, I like the setup you've got in your sig. what is that, like a 14-16 foot with 25 merc ?

No, actually it's a 1756 with what used to be a 225 Merc jet. But that blew up on me in late August. I'm hoping to re-power her soon.

Smallie_Hawgin AKA Eric
Fisheries biologist/manager in MN, Worked in CO, TX and MN since 1988 for each of the respective state agencies. Mostly relate to river biology and fluvial geomorphology stuff. I grew up on a "brook" in CT that elsewhere we call them "creeks", mostly love fishing for smallies as my handle suggests. Enjoy fishing in central MN on the Miss quite a bit, but venture out on a lot of smaller rivers and many lakes in the area with my 2005, 176 lo pro. Had a 1972 quachita jon with a 50/35 jet prior to that and did quite a few mods to it. All I can say is the RP was a major step up!! Looking forward to jabbering with you all... 8)

Howdy,

I had a friend tell me about this place the other night and thought I would stop in and check it out. I recognize a few people here already which is pretty neat! I have been around outboard jets for some time, have fished out of them for close to 20 years now. I am a fulltime firefighter and I do work for a small boat dealership in southwest Arkansas on my days off. I do enjoy getting to play with the rigs and have been fortunate to be able to spend quite a bit of time in several tin boats. Looking forward to meeting some new people!!! :D

Hello TinBoats! I'm new to the site and just wanted to introduce myself. I live in TN and fish the TN river, Duck river, and Buffalo river. I love fishing for smallmouth but largemouth and spots will do. I also target crappie (hey you got to eat something) and rockfish. All this is done from my Alumacraft 1756 RR. Thanks for reading and good luck in your boating and fishing adventures.

Just noticed this part of the forum...started posting a couple weeks ago. My names Nick and I recently picked up a 1230 that a friend was holding in Wisconsin. Day and night I scanned this site for ideas. I was so excited to begin my mod, i jumped right in and haven't even touched a third of the other forums! So sorry for the late intro. I live just west of Chicago and have been fishing the majority of my life. Mostly in Wisconsin with my ole man who had a summer home there. Unfortunately he sold it and we all became busy with life. I love creating and building and since work is slow now, all major home remodeling projects have been put on hold. So I began fixing up an the ancient 1230 hand-me-down. It consumes most of my time and I'm proud to admit that I'm addicted! The world took me for a roller coaster ride last year, and after careful contemplation, planning and throwing the old lady out the door...ladies and gentlemen...it's time for some fishing!!!

Howdy tinboats folks...my name is Robert....and....i'm a tinboatsaholic...i've been frequinting tinboats a lot over the past month since i found it...I read the posts and lurk the pics...I feel i'm addicted to this site...when do we get our TBA pins?....(tinboats anonymous pins)...But seriously...i got a 58 richline runabout slightly modded to a fishing boat about a month ago, and i started lookin up stuff for conversions on the web and came across this site...I thank you all for having this site...I try to fish when i can...and work, hang out with my family when i can't. I'm from dallas,tx...we need rain ...drought has been killin my lake time...hopefully we get the rain we need this winter so i can enjoy nature next year...i hope to post on ya'lls stuff , as well as try not to irritate too many ppl... PROUD TO BE MADE IN AMERICA

Latest posts