New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I been lurking on here checkin out some of the fantastic builds, gettin ideas in preparation of doin a couple boat remodels. Love the site, some great ideas and links to products that will make it easier to get goin when I do. . . my 1 year old and fishing take priority I am afraid. . . oh and the 4 letter word most all deal with. . . WORK!!
I will definitely take pictures and make a post when I get goin on it all. Lookin forward to the future here in Tinboats.net!
Mikee

This is a great site! Like almost everybody else I found this place while looking for ideas on fixing up aluminum boats. I am from Plymouth, Wisconsin and have a 14' Smokercraft that has been modified already. Unfortunately it also has several leaks and there is no way to get to them without ripping out the mods so I'm looking for ideas on what changes to make as long as I have to empty it out anyway. Just from the projects I read about already I can see there are lots of good ideas here.

Thanks,

JP

Welcome to TinBoats JP. Don't forget to take and share pictures with us on your mod...both before and after. We love stuff like that.

Hi, I live in North Alabama. I have been checking out the site looking at all the great builds. I’m getting ideas for a 14’x48” flat bottom Jon boat I started on 2 years ago. Thank God I have a R71 Ranger or I would not be fishing. No if I did not have the Ranger. I would have my flat bottom finished. I love to fish for any and all species. I like to fish some small water areas, with shallow water with the flat bottom boat. I just want to make it a little more comfortable to fish out of. And as a bonus I can fish 10 times cheaper in the flat bottom with the 20hp Johnson. This site is going to get me back in the mood to get it finished. Thank you all for taking the time to post all this good information to help others. =D> =D> =D>
Later
Dwight

Hey Dwight....Ranger or not....we're glad you joined. You're going to love this place and want to sell that Ranger real soon. :LOL2: :LOL2:

Hi,
I have been lurking around here for some time and really enjoy this great site. I am 72 years old and retired. I live in South West Wyoming.

I now have a 15 foot Gregor Baja Special and it is powred by a 1988 30 HP Evinrude and that rig has served me well. As the name says "Baja Special" it's been used mostly in Baja California for everything from free diving to marlin fishing. [it's caught 9 marlin anf 1 sail fish] Like I said "it's served me well".

I am very happy to be a new member.

Regards, Keith

Hi, I am an old guy from up north. We live in the middle of nowhere in SW Ontario, but spend the summer at Mitchels Bay on Lake St. Clair. My present boat is a 20' (glass and kevlar) Campion with a 135 rude and a 8hp Yamaha kicker. Looking for a 12 ft. jon and trailer to play in the shallows with. Picked up a gently used Minn Kota Maxxum 55 transom mount earlier in the week and was searching the web and found this site. Last Dec. I had a back fusion, so to get in shape my intention is to row this jon as well as getting out of it and walking in waders and relearning how to fly fish. I will never be satisfied with the jon as it comes so will be searching for ideas.
My preferred species is musky from the other boat. :fishing2:

Hi, All -

First post from a tin boat newbie. I just bought this OLD 10' Sea King off of Craigslist - shocked my wife when I asked her to meet the guy and throw it in the back of my truck and take it home. See, I'm working in Chicago and saw the ad on CL - since the Grandson who lives with us is now a tad over 4 years old - it's time to teach him to fish :fishing2: .

Tin_Boat_1.jpg

The sneaky part of all this is I got my wife to clean out the garage . . . . . . . :LOL22:

Anyways, for the paltry sum of $400 I got the boat, a 6 hp Johnson & a gas tank AND a cleaned-out garage.

Now I need to get back home to take the boy fishing.

Good to be here - I'm looking forward to tapping some knowledge and gathering some tips on these tin boats that never seem to go away.

Thanks ! ! !

Hi, Eveyone, from central Oregon. Love Tinboats; thanks to so many for so much. Been a member for a while with a few posts where I thought I could contribute. Guess I'm a secoond generation tinboater...when I was a kid my dad bought a 12 foot Alumacraft V with a 6 hp Evinrude. We fished it together for years...as long as he could make the trips... then he passed it on to me. My daughter learned to fish on it. Still have it and just restored it. Will find a family this summer I can give it to so they can start making some memories. Last summer I found a Gregor 1244 that was calling my name. Tried to resist but as we all know, that was futile. I am about half way thru' refurb and modest mods. I have a pretty good photo record and will get that posted as I move ahead with the project. Anyway, delighted to be here.
Rick

Latest posts