New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I have a long winded intro typed out yesterday and when I submitted it my router crapped out. I'll keep this one brief. Long time lurker and Chicago resident here with an old Grummand canoe that I currently fish out of. I also have an old 12' tin v that I don't know the make of. Currently it's just sitting next to a shed, but it was turned upside down to protect it somewhat from the elements. It looks great. The trailer it's on on the other hand is not so great. I'll be hoping to fix/rebuild/replace that early this summer, and hopefullyl start the conversion of the v-hull.

My current project is designing and fabricating a working livewell and waterproof switch/fuse box for the canoe. I'll post over in electrical, but what I'd like is to have a portable switchbox off the battery that I can plug my livewell and trolling motor into for ease of quick disconnect and transport.

Welcome to TinBoats Jamison73. We're happy to have you on board.

Please take pictures of that livewell you're working on. That sounds like a cool project. I fished out of a canoe for many, many years and it would have been nice to have a livewell. Then again...when I was fishing from the canoe, I thought it would be cool to have a tin boat too. :mrgreen:

That's the rub. I have both, but the tin trailer is in very bad shap. However, there's a little local fishing tourney at the lake next saturday and I prefer a livewell over a stringer as I feel it's less stressful on the fish. I have nothing to back that up, it's just how I feel. Additionaly, as space in the canoe is always somewhat limited, I want as few wires as posssible in the boat. My current TM rig is spliced line with silicone filled wire connectors. Don't judge me, it was a job I rigged together at 9:30 on a Friday nght :wink:. I'd elaborate more here, but then I wouldn't need to post in the other threads.

Hey, new member here. Im originally from PA but stationed in GA. Im new to the boating world, but ive been fishing for years. Just bought my first project. Its a 12 foot aluminum jon. Ive been working on it for a little while now, so far, ive just been working on repairing the body and waterproofing it again. This weekend starts the painting, decking, and carpeting etc. I'll post up pics in the projects section once im done. Glad to be here, cant wait to bounce some ideas off everyone and get some feedback on my project.

arcticwhiteGT said:
Hey, new member here. Im originally from PA but stationed in GA. Im new to the boating world, but ive been fishing for years. Just bought my first project. Its a 12 foot aluminum jon. Ive been working on it for a little while now, so far, ive just been working on repairing the body and waterproofing it again. This weekend starts the painting, decking, and carpeting etc. I'll post up pics in the projects section once im done. Glad to be here, cant wait to bounce some ideas off everyone and get some feedback on my project.

Welcome to TinBoats arcticwhiteGT....awesome to have you here. Looking forward to those pics and don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Hello all. I am in Denham Springs,LA and surrounded by great fishing I have been addicted to this site for a while now and recently joined. I don't know why I waited so long. I have three tins than I have collected over the years. I had five but my wife started accusing me of having some sort of sickness so I sold two of them. I have seen some great projects here and look forward to seeing more. I will be starting a project soon and will definately need some input. I have already attempted one but was not at all pleased with the results. Anyway, I am excited to finally be a member.

and recently joined. I don't know why I waited so long.

Me neither. Seems like a no-brainer. :wink:

I have three tins than I have collected over the years. I had five but my wife started accusing me of having some sort of sickness

Yup! It is a sickness. Welcome to the club and to TinBoats. We're happy to have you on board!

Arrived home a while ago after my trusty ole' 1975 Evinrude 25hp left me stranded. I have used that thing for many years with no problems at all. I know it happens but I didn't expect it to happen to "THE BEAST" (my wife's nickname for my 16' 1970 Duracraft because it is so ugly). It has towed several $20,000+ boats to the landing so I guess it was time. I still love that boat, though. Should be a minor fix.

Not workin for me. Says "Your images may only be up to 800 pixels wide." I guess I need to try a different camera.?.?.?
I will not let me paste into the "attach" box at all.

justfishin said:
Not workin for me. Says "Your images may only be up to 800 pixels wide." I guess I need to try a different camera.?.?.?
I will not let me paste into the "attach" box at all.

On photobucket hover your mouse over the picture and you should get 4 options. Click on the one that says IMG code. Paste that right into your post where you want it and you should be good to go. IF not, PM me and I will help you further.

I think I got it. Had to resize the pic. These are the three that I want to work on. I think I will start with the 1983 Cajun Special 16' on the far left.

Attachments

• IMGP2609.JPG
    IMGP2609.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 676

Latest posts