New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
justfishin said:
I think I got it. Had to resize the pic. These are the three that I want to work on. I think I will start with the 1983 Cajun Special 16' on the far left.

That's a nice looking fleet you have there.

Hi there follow tinners, My name is Tim and I live in pike county Pa. I joined about a month ago. Last fall my father inlaw asked if I wanted his boat and I said sure. He never used it. It's a 14' Grumman utility with a brand new yes brand new 1999 9.9 mercury. He bought it in 1999 and never started it lol. It was ran for the first time last fall. Well I put a floor in it and enclosed the bow for a battery and to mount an electric motor on it. I'll post pics asap. Other then that is all I need. Oh by the way great site and a lot of info here. Thanks and hope to see some of you around.

I'l start by saying that my wife is going to hate you people here! I got referred here from Iboats. I just got done redoing an old 14' boat that was my grandpa's boat. My dad cut the deck off of it years ago to make it more fishing friendly. Looking at some of the projects you guys do here, I may just rip it apart again real soon! I also have a friend that just picked up a little jon boat. I'm sure we'll be using this site for plenty of ideas to do to it! I spent most of yesterday just reading and looking at pictures here. I'm going to do the same thing now. I'm sure glad I got pointed to this site, but again, my wife is going to hate you guys!!!

I'll post lots of pics. I have to dig up some old ones from when grandpas boat was new and from now. It's been through a few changes over the years! I just dropped the boat off to my dad yesterday, and never took pics while working on it. I sure wish I had found this site before I started the project! I did find it in time for my buddies jon boat, he'll be happy! And after looking things over here, I'll be going to bring back another little tinny from the cabin so I can play with it too. I said before, my wife is going to hate you guys!! Giving me too many ideas.

hello everybody ...I'm located in western N.C. I've been lurking and reading this site for a long time .. I live real close to a river that holds some very big muskies.. aka (water wolf)and I got me a 1444 tin not sure who made it but I'm ready to use it.. been working on it and the trailer for 2 or 3 months.anyway I'm glad to be a here.

Hello everyone! :)

I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. :) I found your wonderful forum while doing some research for my boat remodel. Wow! There is so much great information on this forum my head is spinning! I've already gotten a ton of ideas......and have learned just enough to be dangerous! ;)
I have a 1960 14ft alumacraft (shallow?) v-hull. (Think "wide canoe") haha. The only remods to it were years ago and are things i am having to "undo". :)
I have grand plans and high hopes to remodel this boat into a better looking and much more functional fishing boat. :) And with this forum and all of it's wonderful members, contributors I am confident that it can be accomplished!

I am pretty darn handy and not new to boats, fishing, d.i.y. tools etc....but this will be my first boat remodel so I know I will have a ton of questions! So......thanks in advance! :D

JennyG :)

Thanks fool4fish!

I have tons of pics already and will be taking more each step of the way! I love pictures too! :) I hope to be able to get some pics posted soon......but bare with me....my computer blew up and I am currentely without and am having to resort to posting and viewing with my kindle fire. :eek:

Jenny

Thank y'all for letting me on the site. Im from georgetown sc. I used to bass fish but do to back injury im now on the search for the right jon boat to cruise these inlets and creeks around here. I like to troll for flounder and gig a few.

First off thanks for letting me in !!
My tin boat: 02 Lowe RoughNeck 16/52 w/50 Yamaha 2 stroke and a RipTide....
I'm also the owner of an 02 SeaHunt 202 Triton Center Console w/Mercury 150 2 stroke...
I live in central N.C. . Near Harris Lake, Jordan Lake and the Cape Fear River..I've got a vacation home in Holly Ridge, N.C. near Surf City...I fish the backwaters and in the Atlantic...
The Lowe is fairly new too me...It came with an Edge trolling motor that I replaced with the RipTide..I fabbed an aluminum mount for the RipTide as the original mount was rather inadequate and had begun too split at the welds..Future plans include rod holders and extending the front deck for storage and a trolling battery...Carpet removal and the addition of spray on liner will be in the plans also..Just the decks and sides are carpeted and glue removal during trolling motor mount installation was rather brutal..That carpet has gotta go!! I played the Craigslist for a long while in search of the Lowe...I found this one in Richmond, Va...@ 4 hours North...So far I'm very pleased with it...Much faster than my previous Alumnacraft with the 25 tiller...
I'm a Collision Repair Technician/Painter by trade and own a small shop...I began the trade in '81...I've been in and around boats for most all of my 52 years...I hope too use this site too gain information and too help anyone I can...Now let's go FISHING !!!

Dear Board,

I've owned larger 16 - 17 foot boats and sold them. I sort of got into canoes which I like, but they ain't boats. I want something my fiancee and I can use to putt around and fish local lakes and rivers all year long and not just in the warmer water which is what we do with canoes.

I've been viewing the site and looking for ideas to rig a 14'-16" fishing rig with for use on those local lakes and rivers. It will be powered by something 20 hp or less and mostly used with a trolling motor because many of the lakes are electric only.

I've seen some ideas and since I don't actually have a boat to use them on I figure I'll keep watching.

I like to fly fish for anything that swims. I flyfish primarily for trout and bass and panfish due to where I live. I also like to take pictures but I'm no photographer. I'd rather be outside than inside.

That's me, thanks for having me.

Regards,

Tim Murphy
Harrisburg, PA :D

Latest posts