New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skully said:
I am new to Tin Boats Southport NC this is a great site and I plan on posting some pics of my rig as soon as I figure it out,,,,

Welcome to the TinBoat family Skully. We're happy to have you on board. Posting pics are pretty easy. Here's a link to a tutorial page if you can't figure it out.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3664

Hello!
Im from Pa and mainly fish the Susquehanna and Juanita for bass. I run a 1760 duracraft with a 115/80 yamaha 4 stroke.

excited about being a member!

Roost said:
Hello!
Im from Pa and mainly fish the Susquehanna and Juanita for bass. I run a 1760 duracraft with a 115/80 yamaha 4 stroke.

excited about being a member!

Hey Roost....it's good to have you on board. Sounds like you have a nice river ride too. =D>

Hi, I'm new around here. I'm from south central Texas I fish and hunt out of a 2060 duracraft center console with a 90 evinrude. It's 27 years old and has some issues, so I'm sure I'll need some of y'alls expertice. If you'll give it. Any way just checking in.
Andrew

New guy from the hills and hollers of West Virginia. I'm 53 and have been around boats since I was 4 years old. My dad always had some kind of a boat and I actually had a boat before I ever owned a vehicle to haul it with. :lol: It was a 10' SmokerCraft flat bottom that I fished the Elk River with for anything I could catch. I sold that boat to my cousin and have been buyin,tradin, and selling boats ever since. My loving wife of 32 years thinks I'm nuts and I have to agree. :lol: The last boat I owned and sold was a Ranger 520 DVX that was loaded up pretty good but I wasn't getting to use it because of the changes in my job. I wasn't goin to get another boat for awhile but my bro-in-law made me a deal I couldn't pass up on a Bass Tracker Pro 17 so I bought it and I'm in the process of completely re-furbing it to fish all the 10 hp restricted lakes we have here. I've got a Merc 9.9 4 stroke with power trim, elec. start, and remote steer to hang on it when I'm done. Then about 3 weeks ago I traded a pistol for a 1965 MonArk 14' flat bottom with a set of oars and a 9.8 Merc tiller steer that has elec. start on it. I plan on using this boat to do some fishin for muskies, catfish, and trout fish some of the small lakes the DNR stock here. This boat is in absolutely incredible shape for it's age and will be a blast because I can load it in the back of my truck and fish alot of places I haven't fished in years. I've got a 4 year old grandson that needs to be taken out and introduced to the great sport of fishing and I figured these 2 rigs will be perfect for that. I plan to retire in 5 years and that's when I'll buy me another big glass boat for tourneys or when I fish some of the bigger waters. I use to be really active in the bass tourneys in the late 80's and early 90's but just don't have the time right now. When you drive tractor and trailer for a livin you don't have much of a schedule. Anyways that's enuf and maybe to much for right now. :lol: Hopefully I can learn a few new tricks from y'all about thses tin boats and maybe even help somebody out with what I've learned myself over the years.

Hello all, didn't find this thread before I made my first post but here go's. My name is Johnny I live in Dayton TX and about 99% of my fishing has been in the GoM and Trinity/Galveston bay. Just bought some land and a weekend house up on Lake Livingston. The wife wanted something that she could put in and out of the water by herself so figured it was time for a jon boat. Stole a 12' from a man the next town over, then did the same with a jet ski trailer that had an old jet ski still with it (will sell for parts and probably pay me back for boat and trailer), somewhere along the way stumbled across this site and am now hooked!

Hi Im from Taylorsville, In. I havent owened a boat for 20 yrs, and tired of fishing from the bank. I traided a 5x8 utility drailer for a 1970 16' Polar Kraft v bottom row boat, heavy duty trailer and an old Johnson 5.5 motor. I'm going to redo the transom, add decking and fishing seats this winter. I love this forum and have gotten several ideas on what i want to do to my boat.

Greetings from BC Canada. I am new to the site and new to boat mods. I have been surfing this site for days and the information here is almost making it more difficult to plan my own boat mod - there are so many great ideas!

I am hoping to get some good advice and ideas for my own boat mod though. I have a 12 foot Misty River deep V that I want to add some things to. I use this boat on smaller lakes some of which are electric only and even a few that are no motors at all. I apologize in advance if any of my questions are ridiculously stupid.....:) I am a complete newbie to boat mods so I am learning as I go here.

In the Atlanta, GA area and new to the site, love the modification/conversion information. I have had a couple of boats in the past, my current project is a 14' Seacruiser (glass not tin, sorry). I'm loving all of the conversion projects on this site. I am just getting started on this project but am very excited about it. I grew up on the gulf coast fishing saltwater, but now trying to learn the ways of freshwater.

checking in from southeast Texas. Just bought a 2001 lowe AN165-S Sea Nymph with a 60 hp johnson for $1000.00, owner needed cash fast. Everything works on the boat it just needs new prop and carpet. I took it out with my son and the motor pushed it 35mph with a bent up prop My first love was a 1988 Lund pro angler I bought off the show room floor back up in Iowa. I love to rebuild boats and I love when other people bring back to life old boats or make newer ones better. The white bass is just about to start running down here so it's going to be great using my Lowe chasing them. I'll try and post pics later of the newly acquired boat. cheers

Hey guys, ive made a few posts already before introducing myself, my name is Robert, friends call me R.L., im in upper east TN near Bristol..Kingsport to be exact, we have several TVA lakes around to fish, South Holston, Boone, Ft Patrick Henry, Cherokee, and Douglas, where they held the bassmaster tourny, is close by..myself, i like the river fishing and east tn has some good rivers and alot of big smallmouth to catch! Thats how i found this site, for the past couple of years i have gotten back into bass fishing, took a few years off and rode sportbikes, got to old for those things and got tired of falling off of them, so i got back into fishing, bought a 14 ft alumacraft jon with a trolling motor and i have worn it out the last two years floating the Holston river..had plans to buy a jet boat already, but wife had an accident earlier this year and she is struggling with her health(degenerative disk) and has been out of work, so that put all our plans aside until we can get her on disability, it has been rough going but we will survive and i WILL have a jet boat in a 1 year...or 5, whatever it takes! I like to look at them and shop, im leaning toward a alweld 18 ft with a 80 jet!! well, thats my dream boat anyway!! If your in east tn give me a holler!!! :mrgreen:

Hello Tinboat world. I looked thru the sight for a couple days and found that you could really help me in a new project. My step dad is giving me an old Cadillac 14ft deep v boat with a old 40hp rude. Problem is Im in Raleigh he is in Nashville. He told me the motor ran strong in 2001 and has sat ever sense. As soon as i can go get it probably in february i will post some pics. It is going to need lots of help but will be a good project for my son and me. looking to get into the sound and fish for some drum and flounder.

Hello,
I have been missing for quite some time, had an accident and the recovery time seemed to take forever.
I was about to start the project when I took a fall, well now I am getting ready to start again. I picked up a 1979 Starcraft, 14 footer with windshield that has seen better days. My plan is to take it down to the starting point and rebuild Her back to what she once was. I checked out the rebuilds from quite a few members and am really excited to get started.
The site does look different and seems easier to navigate; looking forward to sharing and learning from all the membership...

Chuck

Hello gents my name is Ron Im 50 and am from Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada and love this site.I live to fish, boat and tinker with my boat so this site is like finding gold :D Lots of very interesting builds and ideas.I fish muskie, bass, eastern chain pickerel,and sturgeon.I just purchased a new lowe roughneck 1756 on a new trailer and is in storage until spring but already fear for its saftey :lol: :lol: :lol: again awesome site and really enjoy it

Welocome aboard, folks, very glad you are here.
Troutski: always nice to have another left-coaster.
Old relic: at 50 you are not an old relic, you're VINTAGE!!

Hello my name is jorge live in ocala florida just got my first boat last week is nothing fancy just an used 1990 15ft grumman with a 25hp mercury just to have fun with wife and kids :mrgreen:

Matt Wheaton here. I live in Fort Gibson and run a Seaark 1548DK. I spend alot of time on my home lake and the Grand river below Ft. Gibson Lake. Happy to be here.

Latest posts