New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Name is Randy and I reside in the S.E. Washington State area at the confluence of the Snake and Columbia River. Locally known as the Tri-cities. Have fished, hunted and enjoyed the outdoors all my life. Legs aren't what they used to be ,so I have given up the hunting. The wife decided last spring that we needed a small fishing boat for Trout fishing up north of town. God I love her. Her logic was the fishing was better at the other end of the lake. We shopped around on Craig's list and found a 1992 13' Smoker Craft Alaskan with a 9.9 Evinrude. Deep, wide and very stable. I was looking for info on the Smoker Craft boat to find answers to questions I had about replacing the 20" transom in which the previous owner cut a notch in it to fit the 9.9 short shaft motor when I came across Tinboats website. Now I want to pull up the flooring and clean out whatever is underneath. Hope some of you will be able to help me. [-o< Thanks, Randy

Hey Randy.....welcome to our Tinboats family. You're gonna love it here...and of course, we are always happy to help.

If you use the search engine (found in the upper right corner of the page)....you can find more than you would ever imagine. That's where I'd start, but don't hesitate to ask questions.

Greetings,
I some years back guided day and night fishing tips and did some local tournaments as well. After many years of this I got rid of everything and saught after other deisres. So ok I have now come back to my right mind and am pre-paring to get back into fishing as close to full time as i can. The more time on the water the more I feel alive and in my right mind or place.

Been researching boats more then a surgen researches new tecniques looking for that one all purpose multi species boat. Really looking hard into the Sea Ark procat 240 but hesitating a tad over issues dealing with the pods and transducers, especially the side scan.

Any way give me an aluminum feeding trough and I willl mount a motor and rod holders and make it work.
Than You Jim for doing such a wonderfuljob keeping this forumup and running smoothly and family safe. Thats rare these days and PLEASE dont loose the dream.

Thanks
Jim or perhaps I should go by james......lol

:WELCOME: Thanks for joining the forum guys!

Fish Catcher Jim is a great name, for sure no one will mistake you for me, I cant catch a fish to save my life. :LOL2:

Jim

Hello to all!! New member here from central PA, York to be exact. Picking up my new hull on the 12th of this month!!
1870 Weldbilt semi v. Would post pics but haven't figured out how yet. Looking forward to posting my build, as i intend to rig it for catfishing, and duck hunting on the Susquhanna river.

Hey Riverrat717....welcome to the Tinboats family. You're gonna love it here.

Here's thread about posting pics. Hope it helps.

https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3664

20150606_110335.jpg
fender66 said:

Yes it does, thanks!

Attachments

• 20150829_134706.jpg
    20150829_134706.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 1,072
riverrat717 said:
View attachment 1
fender66 said:

Yes it does, thanks!

That first picture almost doesn't look real from the wide angle perspective. The person standing in the boat looks to be about the size of tinkerbell. :mrgreen:

Lol. She's about 5'4". Here's a view from the side. I'm adding a weldbilt center console when I pick it up. Thinking of putting it where she's standing.

Attachments

• 20150606_110328.jpg
    20150606_110328.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,319
Hi ! My name is J. I live in Italy ,NY which is a small town in the Finger Lakes area of upstate NY. I work for the local highway department here I also have worked in the marine industry for more than 20 years as a mechanic so if you have a boat question of any kind I can probably answer it! I own a few boats, my tin boat is a 1975 StarCraft 16ss with a 65hp Merc. that is my go to fishing hot rod. I also have a 1977 hydrostream Vking with a Merc 2.5 drag motor that puts out close to 300hp. and I have a 2009 24' Premier pontoon with a 150 etec (wifes boat) .

Hey J....welcome to the TinBoats family. Thanks for the opportunity to ask questions too.....I'm sure when word gets out, you'll be asked plenty. But...you're welcome to ask anything too....

Hello from SW Michigan. My name is Mark, my passion is fishing. I am on my 12th boat, the current on is one that I have had now since new in 2003. I run a Lund Mr. Pike 17 powered by a 2004 140 hp Johnson 4-stroke that is fully rigged for the Great Lakes and also for winter steelhead river fishing. I have tournament fished for the last 15 years, mainly on the Am side but have also fished a few Pro events as crew on other boats in the Great lakes. My wife Darla fishes right along with me and together we have fished all over the US.

I have rebuilt a couple of boats over the years, a 15' Sea Nymph and a 1972 18' StarCraft Holiday which was powered by a 1964 1/2 100 hp Merc Kiekhaefer power plant.

I am always looking for my next boat project. Looking forward to meeting others that share the same interests. I am involved in a couple of Michigan based forum boards, and I found this site from one those boards.

Enjoy and be safe on the water.

Mark

Hello all, my name is Brian. Been away from fishing for years, just been working, working, working. Have decided to slow down a bit and enjoy life a bit more. In about 21 months I hope to retire from firefighting, good Lord willing....:) So the wife ok'd the purchase of my second tin in my life.....:) Didn't realize just how much I missed being on the water. She loves to just ride along and read or whatever while I fish, both of us benefit then....lol.

basstracker1.jpg

New to the group!
Recently acquired a Crestliner Falcon for the low low price of free!

Haven't seen many, and there doesn't seem to be much on them save for a few old brochures and stuff.

Lots of plans for this one...
Even have a period merc 400, 45hp to go with it!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446664811.656169.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446664835.392603.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446664860.128828.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446664872.924513.jpg

Latest posts