New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all!

MrT here, hailing from the West Coast (Seattle/Snohomish). I'm a husband (18 yrs), father of two kids (12/9), and make a living in the Technology industry but truth is I'd rather be moving at about 1.2mph sitting in a boat. I'm a self proclaimed life learner so always digging for information, solve problems, and making life a little easier. Just yesterday I found your forum through looking at boat mods through Google images. Looking forward to participating and learning more about tin boat life.

I've been a boat owner for years...but currently don't have one. Found you because I'm on the hunt to get back on the water. My busy work life as well as raising a family has made it difficult to keep a fishing boat in my garage but kids are getting to an age where this is now viable and they can come with me (or not) for longer than 60 minute bursts.

MrT

Hey....MrT. (I Pity the Fool!) Just showing my age. #-o

Good to have you on board and part of the TinBoat family. You're gonna love it here!

hello all, new guy stuck between cen-tex(Temple) and central Fl. or wherever their bittin'.
smallies/ hyrbrids/ crappie on lake belton / stillhouse and go the coast for inshore reds/ trout from rockport south.
snook and tarpon are my target whenever possible and enjoy the skinny water the most..mostly light tackle/ spin and too lazy to do much fly casting.
nice site here thanks for having me! 8)

1756 G3
40 yami
and the usual stuff

Hello all and thanks for the add. I'm from southwest Missouri and fish every chance I get. I recently picked up a alumacraft 1432 Jon/trailer. I'm here looking for tips and ideas on mods. I started fishing tournaments with my grandpa when I was 12 and haven't stopped for the last 19 years!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,189
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,189
Bitemebaits said:
Hello all and thanks for the add. I'm from southwest Missouri and fish every chance I get. I recently picked up a alumacraft 1432 Jon/trailer. I'm here looking for tips and ideas on mods. I started fishing tournaments with my grandpa when I was 12 and haven't stopped for the last 19 years!

Hey Bitemebaits.....welcome to the TinBoats family! You're gonna love it here! GREAT to have another fellow Missourian here too. What lakes are you closest to?

Table Rock and bull shoals are the big ones. We have a few municipal water supply lakes/power supply lakes that are small with horsepower restrictions. That's what the Jon is for. I took my 18 1/2 ft nitro on table rock Monday and had 3 foot waves coming over the trolling motor... So I will Stay away from the bigger lakes.

Hello I'm Austin, from PA. I bought a 97 tracker panfish 16 and found tinboats to have a alot of information! Been fishing for as long as I can remember, and recently got hooked on musky fishing again, need to turn my tracker into musky machine! [emoji1]

0f60ac859886221ba4a80f115925ac80.jpg

d8cd4e2cb2227a87061ec0ae97063b39.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

xFORBESx said:
Hello I'm Austin, from PA. I bought a 97 tracker panfish 16 and found tinboats to have a alot of information! Been fishing for as long as I can remember, and recently got hooked on musky fishing again, need to turn my tracker into musky machine! [emoji1]

Hey Austin....great to have you as part of the family. That's a great looking muskie too.

fender66 said:
xFORBESx said:

Hey Austin....great to have you as part of the family. That's a great looking muskie too.
Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hey everyone! I used to have a 1987 20ft Ozark deck boat for my entire life. It was my father's but when he passed I couldn't afford to keep it anymore so I sold it.

I really missed boating and I wanted to get back into fishing so I just picked up this 12ft Tracker Guide with a 9.9hp Mercury a trailer and a Minn Kota Endura 30 trolling motor. My brothers and I used to go fishing with our dad growing up, so I'm hoping that this gets us all out together again.

I paid just over $2000 for everything and I plan on taking it out for bass fishing down at Willow Beach and out at Lake Mead.

I plan on making a few modifications like a small deck, some seats and an electrical system for a fish finder, the trolling motor and maybe a small stereo.

IMG_20160129_092619893_zpsoyhedsbx.jpg

Hi williamlv282. It's good to have you as part of our family here.

I hope you find endless joy in your new boat and make many memories.....

Hey everyone! New guy on the block, here. I live in Telford, Pa and fish bass tournaments as a co angler. I spend most of my time fun fishing "private" lakes in the Poconos, where the fishing can be stupid good. I have an old, leaky 14' Blue Fin with decks installed, but I'm hoping to upgrade to a Tracker Grizzly in the 15-16' range this year. I'm looking forward to making some friends. Thanks!

-Joe

Hey Megastink.....welcome the the Tinboat's family. You won't have any problem making new friends here. I promise that. This is the best group of guys/gals you're gonna find in any forum.

Greetings all-

I did put up a few posts here earlier and did not see this introduction thread and for that I apologise

My name is Brian, I am from the Detroit Mi area and have a cabin in northern Mich

I am 56, work in the automotive industry at a Tier 1 supplier

My background is in auto mechanics, I was a mechanic for 20 some years before getting into engineering and now I run a test lab.

I have had boats all my life, I have a 24 ft Grady White for great lakes fishing and bought a 14 ft Meyers alum boat for the small lakes around my cabin, which brings me to your site.

I am starting to convert this little boat to something a little more comfortable for me and am going to start a thread on it

Here is the boat I am going to be working on. I am going to be asking plenty of questions!

thanks for having me!!!

-Brian

Attachments

• 20160228_153843.jpg
    20160228_153843.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,215
I better make an introduction post and a thanks for bringing me aboard. I am Greg Harris and live in southern IN. I'm 50 years old and work in operations for a power plant. I've bought my first "tin boat" a 1232 Lowe little jon. I've fished out of a Kevlar canoe for as long as I can remember, but I have grown tired of paddling. I'm not planning to do much to my boat though I'm sure most start out like that.
Thanks for allowing me to be part of this group.
Mudcat