TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberflexx

Reaction score
I ment to type this the other day when I joined the forum but I had forgot.

My name is Jim McVey and I live in Huntington, WV - USA. I am a member of the Mountaineer BassMasters in Barboursville WV. I have been a member in the club for 6 years. The lakes I normally fish is Yatesville Lake in Kentucky, East Lynn lake in WV.

My boats are as follows.

2004 Ranger 519vx Comanche Ranger Cup edition
2004 Mercury 200 EFI

This one is aluminum...
1998 Smokercraft PB172
1998 Johnson 50 SPL
1974 Johnson 9.9 converted to a 15hp for a kicker motor when I go to smaller lakes.

Thanks for the warm welcome...I just stumbled on this site when looking for bassboat conversions from a Youtube video. The vid mentioned it was a picture compilation of members boats.

I havent converted a jon boat, but I have wanted too. I am thinking of selling my Smokercraft for something a little lighter and a 15hp ( with 9.9 stickers) setup. There are a few lakes close to my home that have a HP restriction of 10hp. I have my eye on a Carolina Skiff that is one of my friends, but he is having motor starting problems..

Cyberflexx,

Welcome, I'm in Charleston WV. I fish a John Boat on Woodrums, Upper Mud River, Kanawha and Summersville. Mostly Woodrums and Mud River though. Just thought Id say Hi!

JON

Hi Jon!

Good to hear someone from WV is on here.. Woot!

What part of Charleston are you from?

Do you fish Obrien in Ripley? I havent been on Woodrum and I have been out to Upper Mud several times. Its about a 45 min. drive from my home. This summer a buddy of mine is taking me to the school bus near Kanawha Falls to hit the small mouth up there..He said something about launching at the campground for a 5$ free so no one will break into your truck..

Latest posts