New Outboard jet rig

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no lift lock.The only lock it has , is if you tilt the motor clear up out of the water. And the motor will raise up if you strike something hard, but it won't fly up like it would without the power tilt and trim. .

I love a tiller setup on a jon boat but think its a bad idea for an outboard jet. It puts too much weight at the back of the boat. You can see as well from the back. When you smack a rock it will freak you out when the motor tries to mount you.

My experience comes from running a 25/18 Merc tiller last year on my 1444. I much prefer stick steer. I drive with my right hand and foot throttle so it doesn't take up the entire front of the boat.

Redrum, I don't think with a tiller there is too much weight on the back of this boat. Maybe with smaller boats like yours, maybe. With me and only my wife in the front, this boat drafts flat in 6 inches of water. Out of the hole, it might sink and extra 2 inches or so, which is common for any boat. After I reach full plane, which is about a boat length and a half, I trim the motor up and to gain an extra mph or 2. When on plane with motor trimmed, the back part of the shoe is actually slightly above the bottom of the boat. Which means the boat will actually hit before my motor ever does. To each his own with the set-up they prefer. But the set-up I'm running now I couldn't be happier with.

Redrum, there are plenty of tillers on jets that run the rivers in southern Missouri. I personally have owned 3 jet boats with tiller and would not own a jet boat with anything other than tiller.

impressive. I've been considering an outboard jet eventually... Just curious how they ran I've heard they are slower but 38 is dang good.

Do you have any pictures of the boat in the water how it drafts?

Your boat is exactly what id want except maybe I'd do pods if it wouldnt effect performance so I could gig flounder in 5-6 inches of water and not have the boat dragging.

Congrats on your rig!

Thanks AMK. I Love this boat. I could not be more impressed with the way it performs. Sorry no pics of the boat drafting. Next time out I'll have to try to remember to take one for ya.

Curious as to how much room you have behind the rear bench for fuel tanks, batteries, bilge pump, etc.
Is there room for a 12 gallon tank and 3 batteries plus 2 bilge pumps? Im considering this boat or a seaark 1872 but with fwd storage area and a fwd console and jet tunnel. Similar to h20hawgs seaark 2072.

Reedjj.... Plenty of room back there. I have a 12 gallon tank...2 batteries...bilge pump...fire extinguisher. Still room for more batteries if I wanted.

You ever get a pic of it sitting static in the water haha? Im seriously considering a 2070 with center forward console I see weld craft makes them and maybe get the 150/105

Latest posts