New Outboard jet rig

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome man! why are the bunks so long on the trailer? Shallow water launching?

Djknyork, exactly. Helps Alot in shallow water loading. River around here is really low this time of year. Loading the boat was super easy.

do you know how much the hull weighs?I have seen 1870 Sea Ark boat before and i really like that size boat

I am thinking about selling my 1648 with the Yamaha40/30 jet and getting a 1870 with the bigger 80 jet tiller!

Riverbottom, I put the pedestal seat on for 2 things. One, yes to make me more even with the tiller, and two to sit higher so I can see better. Now even with the wife up front I can still see. But I actually always ran a small pedestal with all my tillers. Easier on the legs while sitting and plugging. It's an awesome set-up. I love it

what kind of plugging do you do?I plug fish here in Michigan on the rivers for steelhead
I also have a seat setup like you have to run the tiller,makes reading the river much easier than sitting on the rear bench.....Nice thing about tiller handle boats is all the extra room in the boat not having the console =D>

We plug for walleye early in the year, then smallies once the rivers start to warm up in late March early April. Use mostly crank baits. Rapala, XPS, Strike King etc.

I have a Bass Cat with 225 efi Mercury with console seering and 1648 river boat with tiller steer 40/30 Yamaha.If I sell off the Cat the small river boat will be soon to follow and then a big tin will be my only boat with a BIG TILLER on the back :mrgreen:

Just curious because the only tiller I've run is a small 5hp, but is there any concern with messing your hand/arm up running a large HP tiller if the motor were to strike something? I've had my share of rock/bottom strikes with my 50/35 and it jumps up out of the water if it hits hard enough. Would think that could cause some damage to a hand/arm if that happened with a tiller.

BigTerp, the Yamaha has power tilt and so as far as jumping out of the water when striking a rock/bottom that doesn't happen. Now will you feel the strike, of course, but it's nothing to be concerned about with actually hurting you.

So you don't release the lift lock so it can move freely? :shock:

That seems to be a recipe to destroy something when you hit hard enough.